Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Unseen Generations uniforms

Author Topic: Unseen Generations uniforms
Lurker Emeritus
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for Lurker Emeritus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know about or have any pictures of the new uniforms that were designed for use on Generations, but where ultimately scrapped in favour of using a combination of TNG and DS9 uniforms?

Cheers

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember ever seeing the pictures on the internet, but they're in one of the Star Trek books. Might've been The Art of Star Trek.

They really were quite awful. Hopefully someone has some pics online.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They weren't THAT bad - they were kind of nautical.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They had collars that Elvis impersonators would be embarrassed to be seen in.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They made action figures with those uniforms, if memory serves.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have them... in my Ent-D bridge and Engineering sets. They look like the TNG uniforms from Season 4 onward but they have the command rank stripes on the sleeve. At least that's the only thing I can find new on them. Try this site as it has it:
Spike's Uniform Page- Non Canon

If you look at ST: EF2, they use the basic layout of the uniforms that weren't used but with FC colors and patterns.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are more additions than just the rank stripes, if I remember right.

First off the collar of the uniform had the department colour with black piping, and it looked like it buttoned across the front of the body, almost like the STII-VI red uniform jackets.

Also, on the action figures (as far as I remember) the collar looked different, there was more of a gap at the neck - it looked more like the collar on the current Galactica uniforms than the little collar on post season 4 TNG.

Could be that the First Contact style of uniform grew out of the aborted Generations style as there are a few similarities - the department colour moved up to the collar, the stripes on the sleeve (not rank on the FC version, but still there) and a generally more jacket-like look to the whole thing rather than the TNG jumpsuit.

The first thing I remember thinking when I looked at the action figures was that they were looking for TNG's version of the TOS movie red uniform, something a little more dressy and formal. Did they actually shoot any footage with the new uniforms? And if so has it been included in any special edition releases?

FD

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that one of the deleted scenes of Geordi getting tortured showed the new uniforms...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've actually been working on turning those uniforms into a more FC-styled "Class A" uniform to go with the FC BDUs.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps