Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 32)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to sources cited in the scuttlebutt over at TBBS, the actual prop will have the normal TOS phaser blue colors, with a bit of aged metalic accents. There's a thread over there in the Star Trek XI forum ( scary place, that forum is), that has links to the sources stating this, I believe.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not there anymore. Please tell me someone saved the image. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course it'd be on TrekMovie. Hmm. Something in me really hates this spinny-nozzle notion. It must be some shout-out to the different barrels of the laser pistol, but let's face it, that was a pretty nonsensical concept to start with.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi-res images of the playmates toys.

I think that the 3 3/4 inch figures look a lot better than the image of the 6 inch Kirk that we say earlier. In fact, the 6 inch figures look better in general than that photo. There's also good images of the Enterprise, the props, and playsets.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, I'm thinking that I've seen a phaser concept with a horizontal spinny bit a long time ago. Like it was something someone came up with as fan art. I just wish I could remember who/what it was.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Superbowl trailer had a few new snippets.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oMTzoW0J1E8&fmt=22

Seems to be being received well by fans and newbies alike.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Pike recruits Kirk from a bar. Interesting. My excitement level for this movie just went up a notch.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Nice! Can anyone get a screen shot from the point when Enterprise fires her weapons? They look like TWOK phasers, and seem like the turrets that normally fire to the port and starboard sides are firing forward. [Confused]

I'm definitely psyched to see this movie, moreso than before.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big Drill Thingie
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/1505/bigthingie.png

nu-Ent Phasers
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/1505/phasers.png

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of the Wrath of Khan-phasers, the way they cascade out in volleys. That target must be one of those torpedoes from the Narada.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Big Drill Thingie
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/1505/bigthingie.png

nu-Ent Phasers
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/1505/phasers.png

Much appreciated! The phasers appear to be firing from the top of the saucer too. I don't think we've ever seen a ship use both it's dorsal and ventral weapons at the same time, firing towards the same target.

--------------------

-George Carlin

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me likey

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a beam coming from the thickness of the saucer as well as from the top and bottom of it. That seems wrong...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I WAS FUCKING WATCH...ahem... Youtube and it reminded me of something. building the Ent on earth isn't as orignal as we Forgot

Them nerdy euros been busy wth other fun Nazi shit...

A primer on these 'active fan-dorks'

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I've read that the new "Imperial Edition" version of Star Wreck, by Universal, has redone all the space action scenes. Watching that trailer, is it my imagination or have they replaced all the beautiful and accurate ship designs in the original (Intrepid, Miranda, Sovereign, B5:s Nova) with total approximations? Because I don't remember the flagship having all those clamped-on box launchers and non-sovvie nacelle pylons.
  This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps