Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 35)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Sean, just remember one thing: believe everything you're told on April 1st.

I wasn't taking anything said in that interview for fact, merely stating that to me, it seems to contradict a lot of what we've been told/figured out for ourselves. Now that you mention the date though, I guess there's a good chance it could be baffoonery. I just found it odd that there was something like that on a reputable site like EAS.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, considering that the interviewee's name is "April Fools" with the letters rearranged...
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DACraptastic
Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Olaf Sporil is an anagram for April Fools.

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
DACraptastic

Yeah, it doesn't look too great and I wouldn't bother with it even if I did have a ps3 or whatever it runs on, but I respected their thinking behind it. They acknowledged that most movie tie-in games bear little resemblance to the plot of the film and look crap because they don't have enough development time. Unfortunately, this game has still fallen into that category.

Oh and the "new" ship from ST:Online is okay... I mean it's not as bad as the other updates they've made to existing ships, but it hasn't got anything on John Eaves' designs.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Writers for ST:XII signed.

According to AICN - Star Trek 12 writers signed.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw "Watchmen" tonight, and saw the Trek trailer before hand. It gave me goosebumps... even though i've seen it a number of times on the 'net.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bridge Views, Crew Profiles, and painted up Connies at the website.

http://www.startrekmovie.com/

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think much of the first arty models we saw, which just had graffiti and stuff, but some of these are really good. I love the chocolate one (oreoprise?) and the one that looks like an giant space eel has buried itself in the hull.

Still don't like the actual ship of course, nor the bridge. The helm console controls look like they have childrens play mats on them.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a $20 wager with a coworker that someone falls through one of those upright glass panels around the bridge.
Several others have made that prediction now as well.

Easy money.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason went:
quote:
Nim, there's no such thing as a Hope class.
Olympic. Say it with me. O-Lim-Pic.

Hope
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well now that have full clips online, with actually acting instead cutaways to random explosions and CGI.

http://trekmovie.com/2009/04/08/3rd-star-trek-clip-now-online/

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll see that bet and raise you 20 that someone yells "NOOOOOOOOOO"
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, it's nearly time for Star Trek cliche bingo, everybody got their cards? Eyes down...

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Johnny
Member # 878

So far I've got

-X and Y are "old friends from the Academy"
-Madman wants to destroy Earth
-Though not in the best condition, Enterprise is the only ship that can help
-Cringe worthy phrase is used to declare a call to action ("Buckle up!")

I'm just waiting on

-Madman is actually an ancient Earth probe
-Beautiful alien girl hasn't heard of kissing before

--------------------

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps