Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 38)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am totally going to Burger king just to check when the Enterprise and Kelvin are available. For all we know, that may be the only Kelvin toy released...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the only Klingon ship toy released...
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope the Klingon ship is an actual design from the movie (maybe in a deleted scene?) and not just something they made up because the Nerada would've made a crappy toy.

The saucers on the the Enterprise and Kelvin are kind of amusing... I suppose there was nowhere else to put the electronics. Hopefully there will be a Kelvin toy down the line that doesn't look like it's got a b'day cake for a saucer. [Razz]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Blue387
Member # 2157

- posted      Profile for Blue387     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. No other Starfleet ships near Earth?
2. Only a few thousand Vulcans offworld? Not the outgoing types, I guess.
3. Nero waited 25 years on the Nerada but apparently has not aged a day.
4. Did Pike crack under the torture? Would have been a nice nod to continuity had they used those slugs from TWOK.

Blue387
Member # 2157

- posted      Profile for Blue387     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what is it with the Romulans and building massive ships? First the enormous warbirds, then the Scimitar, now the Nerada? Compensating for something?
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. What would it have mattered? Nero would have just destroyed them like he destroyed the ships over Vulcan.

2. The number was around ten thousand.

3. Romulans and Vulcans age at a much slower rate than humans. You ever watch the show?

4. If he did, then that would answer question #1, as there was no Earth defenses stopping Nero's attack.

5. Maybe they realized during TOS that tiny Birds-of-Prey wouldn't be a match for Federation starships, so they got wise.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I've got a $20 wager with a coworker that someone falls through one of those upright glass panels around the bridge.
Several others have made that prediction now as well.

Easy money.

Looks like they're saving that for the sequel, then.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps