Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Praising "Think Tank" continuity.... ($$ various)

Author Topic: Praising "Think Tank" continuity.... ($$ various)
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Think Tank cured the Vidiian Phage.

The Think Tank had a bioplasmic lifeform in their small group (like in "Bliss" - smaller though).

Chakotay mentioned the Devore.

We saw a holographic Malon.

Kurros's isomorphic form was like the psycho janitor's from "Revulsion".

I'm very impressed!

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was a great episode

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I aggree, it was an excellent episode. And, speaking of continuity, I would like to see the think tank make another appearance in a future episode before the series ends.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What they said.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best part of the episode was the diversity of the aliens. Only two were even humanoid.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janeway's "racist" comment concerning Fennim ("They must be studying it.") was a good demonstration of prejudiced human nature.

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."

[This message was edited by Elim Garak on April 04, 1999.]

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janeway said that? I thought it was Seven....though my memory is a bit foggy at times. I don't know if I would call it a prejudice against non-humanoids, it may have just been an assumption based on the fact that nearly all the sentient, space travelling races encountered are humanoids. That comment certainly wasn't "racist" in my opinion.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Racist was the wrong word; perhaps it was Seven. I can't remember, but I did think of it as a subtle way of bringing back some themes from the old series.

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Themes like bad costuming?

Actually, that line bothers me the more I think about it. Surely, Janeway had come across sentient nonhumanoids before. Hell, that was the plot of the series premeire.

Of course, let me think back...she was talking about the jellyfish-like alien, yes? Perhaps her comments stemmed from the small size of the creature's tank.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps