Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Aliens with Funny Hair (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Aliens with Funny Hair
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because i was annoying people by double posting, ill start fresh here...

How many aliens have had to have had silly ass hairpiece over the end years of TNG and VGR (maybe DS9 but im not sure of any specifically except maybe Jaresh Inyo)

First on the list: Kazons, but at least they had a reason.. they kept trophies in their dreads. And looked real stupid.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do Vulcans and Romulans count? They have pretty funny hair.

But AFAIK, they never went as far as those Babylon 5 folk whose name I don't known.

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually.. thats one of the biggest thing that pisses me off. In TOS Vulcans were a rather diverse lot.. different hair colors and styles.

But on TNG after, all Vulcans have to have the same hairdo.. a cheap bushy wig? Thats not even reminiscent of Nimoys haircut its more of a parody.. What would be wrong with using the actors real hair.. it upset me the most in 'Take Me Out to the holosuite" when the T'Kumbra's crew was wearing 9 of the same hairpiece. Just because Vulcans share a philosophy doesnt mean thay arent allowed to not look like clones of each other? And the problem continues in Enterprise.....

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy...of all the things to get pissed off about...

The people's hair in "Post Facto" VOY was weird. It looked like it was all intertwined with feathers... very elaborate, but hard to figure out.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

capped
Member # 709

ive gotten pissed about lesser Trek matters also.. i thought that was why we were here.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that was interesting what they did in Ex Post Facto. It was also as if they were sorta related to the Kazon - as if the aliens in that area of the Quadrant were sort of aviary-derived or something - with that feather-hair.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lead singer of Alien Ant Farm has some pretty funky hair.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or a pretty funny lack of it.

Odo had weird 'hair'.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
Member # 709

Odo's hair was a homage to his 'father', Dr. Mora

Dr. Mora looked kinda wierd with it too

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last time I saw a Vulcan character using the real hair of the actor/actress was when I saw ST:VI on the big screen. Spock had his own hair and then Kim Cattrall. After that, when even Robin Curtis appeared in a TNG episode, she was using the now-standard Vulcan hairpiece.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's the way the producers reinforce, "Yes T'pol is a Vulcan, just incase the standard name beginning with T' wasn't enough." Speaking of which, how many Vulcan women don't have names beginning with T'? Saavik, Valeris, Selar, Sakonna...

[ September 14, 2001: Message edited by: Soundwave ]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that could be it. Or they are trying to cover up the fact that she is obviously a Seven of Nine clone.
Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they weren't trying to cover up that fact (or much else of anything) with her uniform.

quote:
ive gotten pissed about lesser Trek matters also.. i thought that was why we were here.

Of course it is. Some people just get pissed when you get pissed at different infantesmal details than they do.

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That COULDN'T have been Kim Catrall's real hair!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. She said the decision to shave the sides was her own idea.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps