Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers]
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by newark:
Did I read correctly, seven years into the future, Captain Archer signs the Federation Charter?

For those keeping track, this is a continuity error - how bad I'll leave to you. The TNG episode "Outcasts" stated Charter Day was in 2161. If we follow the chronology of this episode, this alters the date of the Charter Day to 2159 or 2160 which in itself contradicts the official chronology of Mike Okuda which states the Romulan War was fought in those years.

Oh my, oh my! [Eek!]

No...its supposed to be 2154 (T'pol misspoke)...as stated above. Add 7, and youse got 2161. Its all good, my brotha.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at least Earth being somehow altered by Remans/Drakh/Space vampires/whatever, explains why the Intrepid and Iceland never showed up to kick ass.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its probably all to do with those pesky Sphere builders. With all the anomalies they created around the weapon when it went in a vortex, they could have easily fucked it up so that it went back to the '40s. Of course, that doesn't explain the alien Nazi dude. Maybe the Temporal Cold War has gone back a century? If the Nazi guy is supposed to be a Reman, that could reinforce the idea that Future Guy is Romulan...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chalk me up in the WTF crowd, though I am intrigued...

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
Hmm...so using my Holmes-like deducing: My guess is the Enterprise-way around the never seeing a Romulan in the Earth-Romulan War, just keeping the timeline somewhat intact is by using the Remans in all face-to-face combat...

Let us hope not, as Nemesis seemed quite clear on the point that the Feds knew next-to-nothing about the Remans; even their appearance was a mystery.

Additionally, there is Spock's original line from "Balance of Terror" (TOS):
"As you may recall, this conflict was fought, by standards today, with primitive atomic weapons and in primitive space vessels which allowed no quarter, no captives, nor was there even ship-to-ship visual communication. Therefore, no human, Romulan, or ally has ever seen the other."

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think we can safely disregard that whole line at this point.

Even ships with a lower level of tech than NX-01 have visual ship-to-ship communications.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the ROMULANS were the ones without ship-to-ship visual communication ... er, I don't know why but ... maybe! [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or maybe they just didn't want to have visual comms?

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought that, when Spock said "ally", he was referring both to Earth's allies and the Romulans' allies. So, no-one on Earth's side saw anyone from the Romulans' side, even if the people in question weren't actually human or Romulan.
StarCruiser
Member # 979

- posted      Profile for StarCruiser         Edit/Delete Post 
GODWIN'S LAW!!!

http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/g/Godwin_s_Law.html

It's done - no more, fin�...

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not only are they in the 1940s, but the master race has a Reman... wierd wierd.. wierd... Is season 4 going to be LOST IN SPACE?

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait for season 4. Where are Cryo-Satlelites when I need them
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I HAVE JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY.

Maybe.

quote:
"As you may recall, this conflict was fought, by standards today, with primitive atomic weapons and in primitive space vessels which allowed no quarter, no captives, nor was there even ship-to-ship visual communication..."

Given two centuries of historical perspective, one might see this as an apt description of WW2-era combat, no?

Just how creative *are* the thinkers behind the fourth season?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That would be interesting... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the interesting thing, I can think of two easy scenarios.

a) time travel
b) alternate reality

a) Enterpise might have been warped by blowing up the sphere, it also explains why both Enterprise and Archer were in "olde" land. The difficulty lies in explaining why Reed and Sato were shifted in time too considering they were away from both Enterprise and the weapon.
The alien might just be (yet another) player in the temporal cold war.

b) Blowing up the sphere had unintended consequences, somehow affecting everything.

c) I suppose there's also the possbility of conspiracy theories. i.e. The Suliban wanted to get Archer out of the way dealing with the Xindii to do something weird to Earth, the Xindii were behind it all, who knows.

quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
The Nazi alien didn't look like a Reman to me. He looked more like a Drakh from Babylon 5, with blue skin.

Either way, I'm now totally confused.

Well.
Admiral Thrawn was of the blue skin and red eye persuation [Wink]

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps