Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Cardassian Dreadnaught - Sternbach concept art (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Cardassian Dreadnaught - Sternbach concept art
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lousy Swedes....always digging up frozen aliens in Anartica....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
21 knots? Pretty damn good for 1905.

Marian

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Manticore:
Eh, problem is, aside from subs, I hate the looks of any ship built post-Monitor/Virginia. But that one's really bad, IMO.

Try this sub on for size.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MarianLH:

Well, that was one of the points that made Dreadnought so revolutionary. She was the first capital ship to be fitted with turbine engines instead of the other type (reciprocating?- been a little while since I read the relevant book).

I do wish we'd saved Dreadnought or even a dreadnought.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Manticore:
Eh, problem is, aside from subs, I hate the looks of any ship built post-Monitor/Virginia. But that one's really bad, IMO.

Try this sub on for size.
That thing's cool!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

StarCruiser
Member # 979

- posted      Profile for StarCruiser         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wraith:
quote:
Originally posted by MarianLH:

Well, that was one of the points that made Dreadnought so revolutionary. She was the first capital ship to be fitted with turbine engines instead of the other type (reciprocating?- been a little while since I read the relevant book).

I do wish we'd saved Dreadnought or even a dreadnought.

There is ONE member of that generation left, though technically a "superdreadnaught" - the USS Texas here in Houston.

Why Britain never save a SINGLE battleship of any type (save HMS Victory - though she's a "line-of-battle ship") is beyond me. There were so many grand ol' ladies deserving of the honor (or honour) of representing British tars in the two world wars...

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a late British-built pre-dreadnought, Mikasa, preserved in Japan.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

StarCruiser
Member # 979

- posted      Profile for StarCruiser         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
There's a late British-built pre-dreadnought, Mikasa, preserved in Japan.

Along with the USS Olympia up north, and the Russians supposedly kept the cruiser Aurora as well - both from roughly the same generation as the Mikasa.
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's also the Huascar kept as a war trophy/naval museum in Talcahuano, Chile...

http://college.hmco.com/history/readerscomp/ships/html/sh_046900_huascar.htm

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Lousy Swedes....always digging up frozen aliens in Anartica....

Weren't those Norwegians?
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's just say 'Laps'... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There is ONE member of that generation left, though technically a "superdreadnaught" - the USS Texas here in Houston.

Why Britain never save a SINGLE battleship of any type (save HMS Victory - though she's a "line-of-battle ship") is beyond me. There were so many grand ol' ladies deserving of the honor (or honour) of representing British tars in the two world wars...

Yeah, I forgot about the Texas.

Not sure why we never saved anything; not one vessel saved 'for the nation' between Victory and Belfast (WW2 Cruiser) although a few others have survived. And it's always honour [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad we couldn't save the WW2 Enterprise, but at least a part of her lives to this day on the current carrier Enterprise.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

StarCruiser
Member # 979

quote:
Originally posted by Wraith:
quote:

Yeah, I forgot about the Texas.

Not sure why we never saved anything; not one vessel saved 'for the nation' between Victory and Belfast (WW2 Cruiser) although a few others have survived. And it's always honour [Big Grin]

Actually - nearly forgot since this happened rather recently... HMS Warrior is still there! She was restored and is on display around the corner from Victory! Hansome ol' lady, she is...
StarCruiser
Member # 979

quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Too bad we couldn't save the WW2 Enterprise, but at least a part of her lives to this day on the current carrier Enterprise.

There was a lot of yelling over CV6... She should have been saved but, politics and stupidity got in the way - again.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps