Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Masao's ships from 1974 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Masao's ships from 1974
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, it's more that I'm coming off a VERY difficult week, and really want to do stuff purely for the hell of it. Besides, I find it fun to revisit childhood designs from time to time. [Smile]

Anyway, we'll start with the easier one, which I dubbed the 'Blue Tsunami', NCC-F1875 (based on the larger number given). I pictured her as a bulk freighter of a largely-abandoned designed, more of a hold-over from an older era than a true Constitution class contemporary.

wide image is wide

[ November 08, 2008, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Fabrux ]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the second. I shrunk down the scale to match the bridge, but it's still a pretty big monster. In a not-remote coincidence, many of Masao's lines matched the Victoria I had made (as a TOS Sydney) a few months back, so I used her to finish the design up. This is a 'super-transport', with volumetrics several time larger than a Constitution.

wide image is wide

[ November 08, 2008, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Fabrux ]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch your image sizes, plz. some of us are still in the dark ages of 1280*1024 or lower. [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprisingly, the second one isn't too bad, although it resembles an acromegalic shuttle craft.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I quite like them both. Good work Vanguard.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Masao: Well, the later was basically meshing your drawing with the Victory I had already done, which, in turn, was basically a TOS version of the Sydney class... which was, in turn, a redress of the ST V shuttle flipped upside down.

So, yeah, it'll look like a shuttle on steroids pretty much no matter what, but it does keep to your lines in the bow, in particular, so what ya gonna do? [Smile]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The second one has legs- of you lose those lower nacelles, it'd look like a TOS Stdney class.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vanguard
Member # 1780

As I said, I had drawn this already.. which -is- a TOS Sydney class...

clicky

EDIT: *grumble grumble image size grumble grumble*

[ November 20, 2008, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: Fabrux ]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah the Sydney, the only Trek design that I legitimately hate.
Vanguard
Member # 1780

I wouldn't have minded the Syndney so much if it wasn't so blatantly rushed. A bit more work on the detailing, and a more elegant nacelle connection, and she would have been passable as a transport.

Besides, it wasn't the WORST of DS9's Starship Atrocities. (TM)

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I agree, the Sydney looks like a shoebox with TMP Connie nacelles attached. Just because it was transport, didn't mean it had to look so clunky.
As for the DS9 kitbashes, well...at least they flew by quickly [Razz]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sorta like the Sydney: at least it wasn't another Oberth re-use!
I mean fuck's sake, they reused that damn model too many times....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Long time no visit. I saw these designs only now.

The upper cargo ship looks like a blend of a Trek ship and the Wright Flyer.

Anyway, I have seen much worse artwork from people who are much older and who should know much better.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps