Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Pre TNG ship (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Pre TNG ship
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
(I'm back online again!!! Whoohoo!!!!)
No one cares that you're back online, Alex. And its stupid pronouncements like that that clue everyone in that you are, in fact, MIB aka Flower Man aka Defiant.

How hard is to keep a low profile? Not very. But you always insist on announcing yourself. Learn from your mistakes already.

[ June 03, 2002, 06:35: Message edited by: Snay ]

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snay, stop being such a fucking prick. If that is MIB, its CC who will be dispensing his dessert, not you. I'm getting a little sick of reading you bashing another board member over and over.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx, CapMike. And despite what Snay says about me, I am not MIB or Flower Man. If I was MIB, Charles would be sending me more private messages.

Anyway...

How big is the ship, Lobo, because you might want to lower the number of lifeboats if it is a smaller vessel or if it is a pre-Galaxy. Too many of them make it look kinda dirty and ruin the 'feel' of the ship. Sorta.

(PS: If your wondering why I'm back, I found these 'Internet Passes' for about 20 bucks scrounged away behind a plant. So I pay 20 bucks and I'm online all I want. )

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also agree with Mike on this one was well. Snay, lay off Defiant by saying he's MIB. Really Charles does monitor these boards frequently and if he really believed Defiant is MIB or someone very very similar, Defiant would have been gone already. You can voice your opinions over to Charles, but I really don't think you need blab it out to the board over and over and sound like you're bashing Defiant. BTW, Snay, everyone already knows you think Defiant is MIB, including Charles. And it appears you're the only person who believes Defiant is MIB. It's possible others may share your belief as well, but at least they're not saying it over and over and they're not bashing Defiant because of that belief.

Now returning to the topic, I really don't think Saratoga should be used if it's pre-Galaxy and we stick to canon info. After all, NCC-31911 was in service up until Wolf 359. Although you could say it came between NCC-1867 and NCC-31911, it would be unusual for a name to go from a Miranda to a pre-Galaxy/post-Ambassador(?) back to a Miranda.

[ June 03, 2002, 09:55: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've PMed CC about this, because youve already been asked to stop by Sol System, and this is hardly fair to Lobo's thread.

Lobo, can this ship separate? I'd love to see the stardrive section's top if you thought it was viable...

[ June 03, 2002, 10:03: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

The Defiant
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Now returning to the topic, I really don't think Saratoga should be used if it's pre-Galaxy and we stick to canon info. After all, NCC-31911 was in service up until Wolf 359. Although you could say it came between NCC-1867 and NCC-31911, it would be unusual for a name to go from a Miranda to a pre-Galaxy/post-Ambassador(?) back to a Miranda.

Your right. I forgot about the Saratoga at Wolf 359. Sorry.

What about the Liberator? That shuttle at Wolf 359 has a registry to fit a post Ambassador or pre-Galaxy and the ship looks chronologically (sp.?) correct.

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've PMed CC about this, because youve already been asked to stop by Sol System, and this is hardly fair to Lobo's thread.

Thanks Capitano Mike;)
A little bit off topic is ok:)

quote:
Lobo, can this ship separate? I'd love to see the stardrive section's top if you thought it was viable...

Hmm still not but an good idea.

quote:
How big is the ship, Lobo, because you might want to lower the number of lifeboats if it is a smaller vessel or if it is a pre-Galaxy. Too many of them make it look kinda dirty and ruin the 'feel' of the ship. Sorta.

Hmm good question...
I will "measure" it.

So.
Here is the begin of an MSD (its not finished!)
 -
I hope the colores are right for the pre/TNg era.
Any commens?
Feel free and post here(on-topic:))

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Yeah, that looks about right.

Is it too late to say that it needs a bigger deflector dish? Because the Ambassadors and Galaxies had large ones, it would look more chronologically correct.
Unless...
An NX-xxxxx registry. But it don't really matter.

capped
Member # 709

http://captainmike.org/Stuff/TrekFonts.zip

Swiss911. Use it. Don't use TNG Monitors, it's the font that killed my son.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And give it a class name too. Now. Or I will be the one who kills your son. Also, because Pre-TNG doesn't sound too cool.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some suggestions:

Kidman Class, U.S.S. Cruise
Willis Class, U.S.S. Moore
Heche Class, U.S.S. DeGeneris
Brinkley Class, U.S.S. Joel

Oh wait... you said the ship can't seperate, right?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Defiant
Ex-Member

I still say Liberator.
My reasons are in an above post.

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok update.
And thanks again Mike.
 -

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I love this ship. I would like for someone to make this ship 3D.

Reminds me of an attempt that I did two years ago to look like an Ambassador class major reft. Like the TOS to the Movie style Connies.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aye, 'tis a lovely ship.

And, interestingly enough, you already have the design work done for a later refit, since the first pic of this thread looks like a little pre-TNG with some post-TNG engines and such. :-)

The only thing I see that might need addressing is the MSD-style cutaway. Looking at the outside of the ship, it looks like the saucer's widest point should be deck seven, with the forward dorsal phaser array located in between decks four and five. This I conclude simply from checking out the window positions.

This would also make deck two sort of funny, in that much of the deck area would be knee-high, where the saucer begins.

The MSD, however, shows decks eight and part of nine comprising the widest points of the saucer, with phaser array elements firmly planted on deck five. But, this also renders most of deck nine (which, in the MSD, would be the deck with the most area) a half-deck.

I've taken the liberty of marking up one of your lovely pictures to help illustrate the situation. Forgive me! :-)

((Edit: Forgot to add the URL: http://ocean.otr.usm.edu/~randers2/schiff2workcopy.jpg ))

Bear in mind that my mark-job isn't perfect in the Engineering section, especially. Also, I used a line that was a bit too thick for the purposes. Finally, I made the image twice as large so I could write on it visibly.

Last but not least, I would *guesstimate* her height to be in the 75 meter range (height of the Constitutions). Bear in mind, though, that I also counted around 19 decks, which using Bernd's figure of 3.5 meters for average starship deck height, would yield a figure of about 67 meters (roughly the same as Voyager).

Using the 75 meters height figure, the three-view shot would suggest a length of 382 meters and a width of 218.5 meters.

Using the 67 meter height figure, the three-view shot would suggest a length of 341 meters (three meters shorter than Voyager) and a width of 195 meters (about 50 meters wider than Voyager, due to Voyager's slender shape).

Anyway, I'll shut up now. I just want to say, though, that I very much like the ship. She looks a helluva lot better than some of those silly ships from First Contact, that's for sure! :-)

[ June 05, 2002, 00:51: Message edited by: Guardian 2000 ]

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps