Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Pre TNG ship (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Pre TNG ship
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's really nice, but I'd suggest something along the side walls ... just the small size of the bridge suggests something more along the Defiant -- stations across the bridge) rather then the Enterprise (lots of pacing space, and cool decorations on the wall).

I'd also suggest possibly raising the roof ... the short height also suggests a more focused bridge kin to the Defiant then a big living room.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a hut-like dorsal torpedo bunker between the nacelles, like the round, rotating launchers of DS9? The plumbing on the schematic seems to say so, but the dorsal view only shows a white dot.
It would be a good placement...

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lobo, I hate you!

Only joking! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

First we get the pics, then the deck plans, then the cutaways, then the bridge diagram and now we get 3D images!!!!! [Eek!]

Damn I am soooooooooooooo jealous of you Lobo and all you other people who can do this kinda stuff - I just don't know where to begin - any suggestions.

And now my ranting and raving is over I'd just like to say: WOW LOBO!! [Eek!] MORE! GIVE ME MORE OF THIS EXCELLENT WORK!!!!

HEHE!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suggest put a console on each side of the railing. Or get rid of the railing and make the railing the consoles themselves.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or split the aft consoles between the sides, with the added console in front, and make the back a MSD, and turn the back of the railing a console like Matrix said.
IP: Logged
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little update.
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Augh! I can't believe I've been missing all this bridge stuff! [Smile]

I like the overall design - while I'm no fan of asymetrical bridge designs, yours has good dispersement of some of the stations.

Good addition of the console behind the CO chair. Personally, I'd move it to the side of the CO chair and mirror it with another one on the other side. I would also drop the forward consoles down at least one step - having them on the same level as the CO chair obscures the Captain's view, plus it negates the whole "pit" idea you've got as a result. Why have the consoles on a pedestal, then haev a step DOWN to a level that no one uses? They do this on the Ambassador and the Sovereign bridges, which personally really annoys me.

But on the whole, I like the direction you're shooting for. Keep it up! You even got me sketching another couple bridge designs due to your inspiration. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the layout, but I'm thinking I would do something a little groovier with that station off to the side. Especially the console. The side stations on Voyager are really cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that ship just kicks 7074L 455! what are you doing sitting around here, Lobo?!? you should be working at paramount or something doing this for a living. kick ass, dude, kick ass.
IP: Logged
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make the side console a bit bigger, having it surround the chair, instead of having just be a chair and small console off to the side.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Thanks!
Here is an little update and a fly araound the bridge video(divx5 codec).
 -  -
 -

http://mitglied.lycos.de/mrbrown5/1.avi

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool!

But to be honest, I preferred the smaller console to the larger one you now have behind the CO chair. It fits more with the sizes of the other consoles, and gives people standing on the bridge more to hang on to.

Another suggestion would be to set apart the command chair area from everything else on that level, either by placing it on its own step up from the level it's already on, or even by simply changing the color of the carpet in that area. To me, the chair seems to get lost in the clutter of the railing and console.

Edit - what do each of the stations do, anyway? And where do the various doors go to?

Mark

[ June 21, 2002, 15:15: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

Make the back console smaller, then you're ok by me.

Afterwards, what to do with the ship?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Lobo
Member # 669

Update:
 -  -

--------------------

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

So with so much attention to detail, what are you going to do with the ship? Are you going to make a site featuring it and others you have made? Or are you just going to let it rot in yout CPU after awhile?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps