Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Pre TNG ship (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Pre TNG ship
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm it will spent his life on my hard disk. Or has anyone an good idea what i can do with the ship?

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would suggest asking Bernd. He's probably got a place or two you can put it among his sites.

Now, how about those station listings..?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 vers.
 -  -

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Notes:

-I'd leave the tactical station off to the side, where it's analogous to the tactical console on the E-Refit. The console behind the CO chair could be a Mission Ops station, manned only when necessary (a la Seven or XO).

-Conn and Helm are the same thing in the TNG era. Prior to that, it was Helm and Nav, used as recently as 2354 ( the Stargazer had that configuration). If you want your ship to be before that time, it should be helm and nav.

-Also, ships of that size rarely had more than one science station. Suggest swapping out one of them for an environment console.

-'Science'.

'Actually - I suppose what the consoles did is contingent on what era it is, and what the ship's primary mission is supposed to be. I would suggest two configurations for the bridge, depending on when you have it. So starting at the forward station to the captain's left and going around the circle, it'd be something like:

Pre-TNG: Helm, Nav, Tac, Eng, Env, Sci; behind the CO would be M. Ops, or alternately not even there.
TNG onwards: Ops, Conn, Sci, Eng, Env, M. Ops; behind the CO would be Tactical.

That way, you give the science guys the larger station later on to reflect Starfleet's greater scientific interests in the 2360s onwards, while relocating tactical to where it is traditionally put on starships of that time.

Edit - I also just realized that there's no MSD on the bridge. Every ship has some form of this somewhere, from the little silhouette panel on the E-nil and E-D to the massive displays on Voyager and the E-E. Any ideas?

Mark

[ June 22, 2002, 18:45: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------

Lobo
Member # 669

Hmmm the bridge has an MSD:
 -

[ June 22, 2002, 18:47: Message edited by: Lobo ]

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Ahh, my bad. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Can I use them on my website? (I would credit you and all that)

2. Are teir any histoies and stuff related to it? If not, can I write one?

Thanks.

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's in the sealed off area on the port side of the bridge? Also your bridge "set" has the MSD in the center of the aft stations, yet you mark that as a Science station. It really would be better suited as the Engineering station. And if it is suppose to be the Engineering station, remove the Science II graphic. On the port-aft station, you have a Security/Tactical graphic. Hell, the starboard-aft station has the same graphic (seems to me you fully labeled that station as the Sec/Tac station). Better remove them since they're suppose to be different stations. And when putting in the graphics, make sure the text is not backwards. Finally, if you're gonna establish it as pre-TNG, better to use movie-style graphics and to not use an Environment station but a Communications station instead... and getting rid of one Science station.

What I'm basically saying is that your 3D set contradicts both itself and your top view layout.
And the toilet is called the head... both in Star Trek and in the Navies.

[ June 22, 2002, 21:19: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Lobo
Member # 669

If you give me more LCARS textures then i will make it better! I am working on the correct textures for the stations.
[Smile]

Lobo

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad I don't have any textures for you as I don't do this kind of stuff. But at least I understand now why your graphics contradict each other. There was a guy who did superb 3D sets. I must say they were even more realistic than your sets. (Not that your sets are bad... they're quite good themselves). His name is seanr, but he no longer posts here anymore.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give it to Masao (haven't seen him in awhile) for Starfleet Museum so he can start a 24th century section for it.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Lobo
Member # 669

quote:
His name is seanr, but he no longer posts here anymore.
Oh yes i know seanr from 3d gladiators forum.
His bridges are excellent he is really the "�ber Br�cken Meister" and i am just the "Br�cken Penner" [Big Grin]
He has more skill then me.
Lobo

[ June 23, 2002, 13:55: Message edited by: Lobo ]

--------------------

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More skill than you Lobo? I find that hard to believe.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two thumbs up, Lobo!

I just sifted through the whole thread, and I liked the ship from the very beginning. To me it looks pre-TNG enough. It's the best design I have seen lately.

If you are looking for a place to show it, I may just post it in the Journal of Applied Treknology (which reminds me that we have to get rid of some bad designs for the benefit of the good ones shown there).

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps