Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Robotech: Toby Maguire as Rick Hunter

Author Topic: Robotech: Toby Maguire as Rick Hunter
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Warner Bros. Pictures has picked up the feature rights to 1980's anime classic "Robotech," which featured giant robots known as mechas says The Hollywood Reporter.

Actor Tobey Maguire is producing and is eyeing the lead role in what the studio plans on being a tentpole sci-fi franchise.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070907a.php
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck.

So much for my hopes of a genuine live-action Macross movie, ever. Ah well, Bring on Macross Frontier!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh great, Tobie. That perplexed douchebag half-smile of his that never leaves his face, and that high-pitched falsetto whine he talks in. He needs testicles so much.
I'd rather take Gyllenhaal for Hunter. Mr Brokeback is twice the man tobi is.

I wonder how much this is a product of "Transformers" having been made? Like "Troy" and "Alexander" after Gladiator was made.
Will we get Gundam and Voltron too? All rated pg-10 and cute.
I liked the Transformers movie, although the robot-faces where vague and illdefined. But I wonder if it wasn't a crapshoot.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, due to copyright disputes concerning Macross, elements from that series aren't going to be used in the new Robotech movie.

As for Voltron, it was picked up last year by New Regency Pictures.

Oh, there's also a Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets/G-Force movie in the works by Imagi (the people who did TMNT).

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps