Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG1 1x14 wtf? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SG1 1x14 wtf?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This might belong in Officer's Lounge.

Ok - I'd take a screen shot of this but for some reason VLC just crashes when I try.

In SG-1 1x14 Singularity, Cassandra is lying on the table after going into cardiac arrest, surrounded by medical personnel. Suddenly and randomly her pajama shirt is open and the doctor's bare hands are compressing her bare chest, which I found a little weird.

Then they move the camera out and this girl's nipple is clearly and totally visible on cable TV. She's like 12, 10 at the very youngest. WTF? I pointed it out to a friend and he's a bit freaked out too. I mean I'm personally fine with anybody of any age being naked, but seeing this on TV...is just weird.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MPC won't let me take a capture... And its actually 1x15 at 19:32 into the episode. Weird as hell.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stargate was on Showtime back then. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pilot episode had full frontal nudity, so this doesn't surprise me so much.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its not that its nudity in and of itself... its the age that's weird.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that's what would happen in a real situation and frankly I've seen more explicit things than that on certain medical dramas before now (yes, including young teenagers.)

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think maybe I didn't make myself clear. I don't have a problem with the naked girl, and I don't think it shouldn't be on TV - I'm surprised that it's on TV is the point. After years and years of bleeps and euphemisms suddenly I see a show from over 10 years ago where there's nipple? It was really weird to see.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again... it was on Showtime. As in a premium cable channel that you have to opt-in to receive even above regular cable programming. FCC "decency" standards don't touch those networks at all.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Does Showtime normally show naked children?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd hardly call that 'naked'.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Fine. Maybe it's a cultural thing. Where I grew up it'd be considered disgusting if you saw a girl of that age with her shirt off.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well I'm not saying you see underage girls walking around topless over here but I wouldn't call it disgusting either. It really depends on the context and in this case it's a part of a medical procedure, so while I can't speak for everyone, I personally find it appropriate.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

^ What he said. No matter how people rant about this stuff, context always matters.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

lol Man, it's appropriate but I found it surprising because of her age. I never said it wasn't appropriate, it was just really surprising to me.

Edit: I showed it to someone and he agreed with me, so at least I know it's not just me. Anyway, he also said he thought it was inappropriate for a girl of that age to be on a set surrounded by adults with some stranger's hands on her bare chest and her shirt wide open when it wasn't necessary for the scene. It didn't add anything dramatically.

[ October 14, 2008, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Daniel Butler ]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Call me crazy but I thought defibrillator paddles didn't work through clothes...?

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps