Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$$$BSG Daybreak Part Two$$$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: $$$$BSG Daybreak Part Two$$$$
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pull my finger. [Razz]
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone else wondering at the meaning of the finale's title? I can't help but think back to something the first hybrid said in Razor. "Not an end, but a beginning."

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On January 14th, in my post on "A Disquiet Follows My Soul", I wrote:

Lastly: I went back and watched the final 4.0 episode’s end. That planet doesn’t necessarily look like our Earth, or at least, you can’t tell – it’s green ,it’s blue, there are clouds, but I couldn’t make out any continent that I would point to and say “Oh, that’s Asia!” or “That’s Africa!” I think there’s some misdirection going on here, and while the planet found may indeed be their Earth, there’s nothing to stop the Colonials from finding another habitable world nearby, one with recognizable continents, and christening it Earth: our Earth.

Looks like I guessed right.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A cookie for Mr. Snay!

The random comments:

* I did quite like that the "Third Party" will remain a mystery. It seems likely that the Lords of Kobol and God are really just inadequate descriptions of whatever force is behind the "Angels", perhaps influenced by occurences in earlier 'cycles'.

* The best I can do is.. Kara Thrace really died, and what came back was a different kind of Angel than the Head-characters.

* "All Along The Watchtower" seems like a general 'unlocking' code. First, it activated the Final Five, then it activated Kara's memories and the location of Earth stored in her?

* That "150,000 years later" was pretty mindblowing, although somewhat expected. The implication seemed to be that it was our Earth, with Jimi Hendrix performing the next incarnation of the song. I couldn't quite figure out if those were the original Caprica and Baltar, or the Angels.

* So it seems "Daniel" was nothing more than just a way to explain the discrepancy in Cylon numbering, and he really was just destroyed. Oh well, not everything needs to be mysterious, I guess.

* Holy frak, it seems they saved the majority of the VFX budget for this episode. Old and new Cylons fighting against (and alongside!) Colonials, that was just cool.

* What happens to Earth we saw in the last scenes? Cylons will be created again, they will revolt, leave the planet, followed in time by the rest of the Earthlings, setlling new colonies and being guided by the Angels to create new prophecies.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Years ago I said that this series would flake out and become crap.
Now all I can say from reading these posts is:
"I told you so!"

Hundreds of hours of my life: saved by not watching this series!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
On January 14th, in my post on "A Disquiet Follows My Soul", I wrote:

Lastly: I went back and watched the final 4.0 episode’s end. That planet doesn’t necessarily look like our Earth, or at least, you can’t tell – it’s green ,it’s blue, there are clouds, but I couldn’t make out any continent that I would point to and say “Oh, that’s Asia!” or “That’s Africa!” I think there’s some misdirection going on here, and while the planet found may indeed be their Earth, there’s nothing to stop the Colonials from finding another habitable world nearby, one with recognizable continents, and christening it Earth: our Earth.

Looks like I guessed right.

Well remember I pointed out that there was no moon orbiting "Earth" and for that I was suspicious of it being our Earth. So maybe I deserve a cookie crumb?

Overall I did enjoy the ending. The part with new Earth was a bit of a stretch, but I figured they would eventually tie in our world somehow. I suppose the ending is left open. If your an optimist, perhaps humans don't end up getting destroyed by their AI creations. If your pessimist, then the cycle begins again. Finally, that scene with Tory and the Chief, priceless.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason:

Actually, I found it quite enjoyable. Although 4.5 seemed to run headfirst into a "brick wall of exposition" and had some trouble getting started back up again, I thought season 4.0 and the first part of 4.5 was fantastic, and far more enjoyable than the bulk of season 3.

Harry:

I think those were the Angels. You can tell because Angel Baltar's hair is really kind of weird. And also because the real Baltar isn't immortal.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Wow. Years ago I said that this series would flake out and become crap.
Now all I can say from reading these posts is:
"I told you so!"

Pfft. Hardly. The finale may not have been absolutely, completely, 100% perfect... but what show is? Regardless of the handful of unanswered questions, the finale was still excellent.

I just still need to wrap my brain around some of these revelations... [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thoroughly enjoyed that finale.

One thing I found ironic is that the series implied that there was no alien life other than the humans, and it turns out that the Colonials were aliens after all.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Rod Sterling would be proud.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Dukhat:

Except ... it didn't. There's a line in there about the people on Earth are humans, and Lee and Bill talk about how weird it is that human evolved there, as well.

Of course, all "modern" humans are a combination of human/cylon.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was alright, not quite what I expected, and the last 20 minutes were kind of tame.

I knew a woman that parked her car like they parked the G.

I'd say that those two were the 'angels', the same attire as when they talked to C6 and Baltar on the G.

All in all, it was okay.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Except ... it didn't. There's a line in there about the people on Earth are humans, and Lee and Bill talk about how weird it is that human evolved there, as well.
Oh, yes, I understand that. What I'm saying is that the Colonials never evolved on our Earth, hence they are extraterrestrials.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what about the final 5 ... well 3? How long does a Cylon live? I know they were at least 2000 years old. Can a Cylon live for 150,000 years?

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that 2000 years was a lot shorter for them due to relativistic effects of their STL travel.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps