Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$$$BSG Daybreak Part Two$$$$ (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: $$$$BSG Daybreak Part Two$$$$
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Mitochondrial Eve" isn't our only common female ancestor, she's the most recent with a direct, unbroken female line. At least that's my understanding.
So there will also be a great number of indirect descendants of the cylons and the coloinals, just none with a direct female link. Or male for that matter, I'm pretty sure the genetic Adam was from a totally different period.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mention that the "Mitochondrial Eve" fossil is just one fossil they found. That doesn't preclude that she had contemporaries that would be just as viable candidates - we've just not found their fossils yet.

While the episode implies greatly that this is Hera (thus fulfilling her arc as a person with an important destiny - the survival of the Cylon race) there isn't any specific evidence that "Mitochondrial Eve" was Hera. Could just as easily been the offspring of the real Baltar and Six or any other Cylon/Human pairing. Lots of Cylons and humans settled on Earth.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny little thing that just occurred to me; if they find Jake's fossil too then they'll have evidence that humans had fully domesticated dogs about 130,000 years earlier than they should have had. Hell, if Jake bred with a wolf bitch then he could be the father of all modern domesticated dogs. Go Jake!

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, here's hoping that orange bowl hasn't survived as well. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking today about Baltar's cult. If there was one thing that was a big disappoint, it was the cult. What was the point of its existence again? I always felt they were potential trouble, but ultimately they faded into the background when Baltar chose to stay behind on Galactica. There wasn't even a mention of them when the Colonials finally reached New Earth.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

There's allot of things that got cut short. Lee forming the new government for one. It lasted, what? Two weeks before it became redundant? But then it was always going to be that way, it's just a shame they crammed so many interesting stories into season 4, which the middle of season 3 seamed to have been squandered.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there supposed to be a season five, that got nixed? The Sci Fi Channel strikes again!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Miniseries + 4 full seasons has been good. I wouldn't have objected to another season - but at least ending it now sends BSG out on top!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Actually it was only three and a half seasons. Season one as I recall only had 12 or so episodes. Not that I think a full fifth season would have been a good idea, just another ten or so episodes, any more and it'd be dragging it out.

Still, it's better that it went out before it wore out it's welcome. Shows like Voyager or X-Files could have done with two or three or seven less seasons.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
Why do we keep having this discussion?

The Final Five were 2,000 years old because they were on a ship that moved almost as fast as light -- time slows down, they didn't experience it as a 2,000 year trip!

Plus, I think "THE PLAN" will show that they were downloaded into new bodies by Cavil to be inserted unknowing into Caprican society.

Yes, and, they had resurrection. Depending on how fast they were going, they still would experience a couple hundred years.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why did John Cavill shoot himself in CIC? Why not get captured? Or do you think they would have just killed him anyway?

I wonder if someone went back to 'old Earth' to get D'Anna. I don't think it was that many jumps - 1 or 2 back to old Earth?

Anyone think that the cylons tried to continue breading with cylons?

There really weren't many left:

Females: Ellen Tigh, Sixes and Eights (possibly D'Anna if they went back and got her)

Males: Saul Tigh, Galen Tyrol, Twos (Leoben).

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we know a Tigh + Six pairing won't work, human + Eight works... So potentially any of the Cylons pairing with a human would produce an offspring...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Well we know a Tigh + Six pairing won't work, human + Eight works... So potentially any of the Cylons pairing with a human would produce an offspring...

Did Tigh and Caprica not work cause... it just didn't or was it due to Six being too strenuous fighting those guys etc?

--------------------

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was under the impression that the Saul/Six kid started going downhill once it became clear to Six that her and the child were 'Second' to Adama in Tigh's priority list. Since it didn't feel as 'loved' or 'special' after Ellen's little sabotage, the pregnancy failed. It seemed to me that if Ellen had not returned and brought the emotional conflict with Six that the child would have survived. It also seemed as though Ellen KNEW that a miscarriage would be the result.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently Cavill was just going to die, somehow, in the battle; his committing suicide was Dean Stockwell's idea. I guess if anyone's supposed to know the character's motivations, it's him, so I guess it made sense to himself. Be interesting to hear how he rationalised it though. I think the editing made the whole sequence a bit rushed; if he'd been able to see for certain that one of the Five had just been killed, denying him resurrection technology forever (or for a long time assuming the other four were willing & able to re-create it from scratch), maybe that was sufficient impetus. Problem is, the scene as it stands has the collapse of the cease-fire and Cavill's suicide happen concurrent with Tyrol's breaking of the transfer/communion and murder of Tory.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps