Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Knight Rider movie: The Joy, The Agony (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Knight Rider movie: The Joy, The Agony
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it looks like there's going to be a Knight Rider movie coming out in a couple years. David Hasselhoff seems to be the driving force behind it, and series creator Glen A. Larson has signed onboard as well.

If they forget the horrors that Knight Rider 2000 and Team Knight Rider did to the Knight Rider universe, I'll be pleased. If they get William Daniels to reprise his role as Kitt, I'll be happy. If they get the characterizations right, I'll be quite ecstatic. However, they really need to change the freakin' title!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
take 2 drinks on Flare everytime someone assigns a universe to a tv show. (i.e. the 'Knight Rider universe' or the 'Simpsons universe' or the 'Kate & Allie universe').

Yeah they should probably make sure that they make it about a super car that can talk. That will maintain the Knight Rider creator's artistic vision.

Other than that, this will probably be fun.

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they make it take place in the future or in space, my respect meter for Hasselhoff will drop from 11% to 5%.

Zero is just around the corner...

(heres is the THING that took us down from 23%)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or take five drinks whenever CaptainMike works substances with mind-altering properties into a post on Flare.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, I never actually clicked on the link in that thread back when it was posted. I wish I still hadn't...
capped
Member # 709

hey.. i havent talked about boozing in a while. and i dont usually. ( i only added that because the Flare drinking game is today's Hot Topic™ )

ooga chaka ooga chaka

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh.
My.
Lord.

I didn't completely despise Knight Rider 2000... it had a cool song, a hot chick, and some cool KITT-ness. Tell me this though, how can it be Knight Rider 3000 and also be "The Return of Micheal Knight"? The guy would've been dead for hundreds of years.

I suppose it could simply be the model number of the car (even though KITT was the Knight Industries Ten Thousand), but I have a bad feeling that this movie will somehow involve Micheal Knight's consciousness living on in a computer that gets installed aboard a vehicle of some kind.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shudders*

When have remakes of old series or movies ever been succesful? More often than not, they only serve to destroy whatever fond memories people have left. Let the dead shows rest... and let the past remain the past.

[ July 31, 2002, 06:07: Message edited by: Colorful Cartman ]

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's been frozen, Aban. He was "injected with a deadly poison" & given the Austin Powers treatment (although it's going to turn into the "Philip Fry treatment"). Upon being thawed & cured, he'll be working with Devon Miles' great-grandniece, who'll coincidentally be named Devon (& no doubt played by a hot chick) & a new "younger Michael Knight type." Assuming the cast for Hasselhoffian similarities,...well, it could be anyone, really.

The kicker for me is, are they going to have been transplanting KITT's brain from car to car over all these years?

Oh, & this concerns me even more.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mein Gott in Himmel! As one of DH's German fans would say.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And apart from Super Knight Rider 3000 (YAY!), there's also Thunderbirds 2000, King Kong and a whole bunch of movies based on various 'old' superheroes (what about Superman vs. Batman?). A bit cheap perhaps, but I think it's a lot of fun.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Magenta Aban Rune:

I suppose it could simply be the model number of the car (even though KITT was the Knight Industries Ten Thousand),

I thought it was "two thousand"?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoops... you're right.

why did I think 10 thousand?

Ok... so what was the car in KR 2000? was it the Knight Industries Four Thousand? I remember thinking it wouldn't make a very good name, like K.I.T.T. I think it was 4000.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knight Industries Two Thousand? That's what KITT stands for? I watched that show throughout my life, mostly childhood, and I never could figure it out. Ultimately I made up what I thought it's meaning was: Knight Industries Tactical Transport.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd be wrong.

I've never seen the spin-offs, but if the car(s) were still called KITT, surely "three thousand" would make sense? Or "twenty thousand"?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps