Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » A Cross-Series Comparison Chart (Page 6)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: A Cross-Series Comparison Chart
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could feel that thrilling people as i wrote it like a man posessed. I slept with great joy before I even knew that i had definitely thrilled somebody.

I'm just about back to normal now, though.

Yeah, I want a frickin flying car!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thrilling somebody usually causes one to sleep with great joy.

Also of interest.

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hot damn.. i was getting disappointed with the twenty-first century.. i mean, i waited all this fricking time and then all of a sudden its a new millenia, and guess what?

no flying cars.

i was ready to pack up my stuff and head back to 1987 until you showed me that

*shuts off the time tunnel* .. at least til i need it again

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. It has restored my faith in humanity. No more customized DeLoreans!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, any more progress on the chart? Or do we have to carry on this conversation about flying cars and silly, silly Star Wars fanatics?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bit of progress. I've added a few ships, and did indeed find that image of Mega Maid that was mentioned earlier. At this point, I'm probably going to work on rearranging the ships I've got and get the current chart ready, and then do the secondary charts (for ships smaller than, say, 350 meters) afterwards.

At this point, the one ship that I really want to have is Moya, from "Farscape." I haven't found a single fan-made image of Moya yet -- and there are no decent images that have Moya in a side profile. (There's one shot, from "Nerve" in the first season, but the ship is silhouetted against a planet and thus the coloring is not right for the chart.)

Anyone know if there's a fan model of Moya out there?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh.. Got a link?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a side view, but usable nonetheless.

Also, here'e the Valley Forge from "Silent Running."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Moia"? Heh, it seems that that particular webmaster doesn't watch the show... [Wink]

Thanks, Shik. I'll look into the Valley Forge a bit.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not about watching the show, it's about copyright infringement issues. There's plenty of models of the Rodger Young from "Starship Troopers" out there (& another good addition to the chart!), but they're called things like "Starship Carrier" & the like to prevent CI problems.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another ship you can add...

The Lexx! It's quite big.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two possible Moya pics?

http://www.animallogic.com/film/farscape/images/film_farscape_pic01.jpg

and

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~oja/farscape/index.jpg

You'll probably have to make up your own schematic.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
Member # 709

put the flying car on it too.
Shik
Member # 343

The carrier from "TRON" & the Ko-Dan command ship from "Last Starfighter."

I can't believe we forgot these.

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But wouldn't the carrier from TRON be like ultra-microscopic what with it being, like, a virtual contruct within the computer system.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps