Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » A Cross-Series Comparison Chart (Page 7)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: A Cross-Series Comparison Chart
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, images stored on your hard drive are not actually printed in miniature on the disk. Also, there are no tiny men in your television.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
The carrier from "TRON" & the Ko-Dan command ship from "Last Starfighter."

I can't believe we forgot these.

I can.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we are going for eighties movies/series then what about the ships from Battlestar Galactica?

Are there any ships from TAS?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've already got the Galactica and the Cylon Base Stars on there, though the sizes are only approximate.

Research for this project has been temporarily suspended, seeing as I'm busy returning to college right now... but I certainly won't forget it!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So now that college is more or less over, will this project be ressurected? Purdy please?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
College ain't over for me until May 29, after my last exam. That's because my semester didn't start until February 10 -- Delaware uses a trimester system with a short, six-week semester in January, so the spring term runs a bit later than usual.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

*bump*

Well, I've finally gotten around to finishing this little project! Well, mostly, anyway. It's in readable form with no images overlapping the others. I'm very likely to be expanding it as time goes on... [Wink]

Cross-Series Comparison Chart, Version 2.0

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kickass!

Think you could be persuaded to chuck in Starbase 74 (for good measure) and the Independence Day city destroyers, per chance? B)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Actually, I've got Starbase 74 in my newly updated Trek-only charts, found here:

http://www.st-minutiae.com/academy/engineering102A/index.xhtml

And the ID4 destroyer ships are so frickin' huge, they wouldn't even FIT on that super-huge chart I've got. Those things are 24 kilometers across, after all. On my image, that would equate to 2400 pixels!

Although I have decided to break down and make up another, larger-scale image for those absolutely mind-bogglingly-huge ships, like V'Ger, the Whale Probe, the Vorlon Planet Killer... the ID4 ships will probably go in there. [Smile]

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Aww, what the heck. Here's a preliminary chart with what I've got: [Smile]

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/444/comparison_huge_prelim.gif

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice!

*claps*

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool, MM. FYI, the Discovery and the Leonov are not showing up. You should think about compiling a caf�press.com poster soon. I'd pay cash money for that.
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This chart is cool. Nicer than others I've seen.

One note: I think the TOS "Doomsday Machine" (aka Planet Killer) is bigger than shown. Albeit its apparent scale varied in some shots (notably when the shuttlecraft flew into it), if you go by the Constellation as it's seen flying into the machine, you can make out the approximate dimensions of the device (since the Constellation is the same size as the Enterprise). A friend and I did this back when I wrote a spec TNG script using ye old Planet Killer (in 1989). I got the numbers out of my filing cabinet:

Average thickness of hull at "maw": 128m
Diameter of "maw" end: 580m
Length: 4150m

So make of that what you will...

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. Lexx. Out of sheer curiosity, how did you ever get the dimensions for that? Or heck, for Galaxy Quest? [Smile]
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Actually, I found some blueprints for the NSEA Protector about a year ago... I've only made a rough estimate of the size based on the command module crashing into the convention at the end, but it's close enough to start with. [Wink]

http://www.questarian.com/Blueprints/bp-protector.htm

As for Lexx, I just borrowed that from Jeff Russell's materials, www.merzo.net ...

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps