Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $ Battlestar Galactica (The Next Generation) $$poiler$$ (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: $ Battlestar Galactica (The Next Generation) $$poiler$$
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just watched most of the first part and so far I'm quite impressed, it's allot more mature and watchable than the original, which lets face it was little more than a children's show.

I think it's actually the most literate sci-fi that I've ever seen in a television show.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the only thing I thought the original series had going for it was the 'sense of wonder' - which they helped manufacture by making some details just different enough to pique our curiosity (we were curious about their religion, anthropology, technology, etc.).

This new 'series' has me interested in the storyline and characters - surely a better state of affairs.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I think it's actually the most literate sci-fi that I've ever seen in a television show.

Go. Watch Firefly right now. Quickly.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only caught part of one or two episodes (don't have much time for TV).
I remember a bit where they're chasing a train and something about a naked girl in a box. That's about the extent of my Firefly knowledge...apart from the fact that is was cancelled pretty fast.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps