Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SGA "The Siege" ($$ Season Finale Megaspoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SGA "The Siege" ($$ Season Finale Megaspoilers)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll grant that no one has come forward with any explanation of gravity manipulation in the show, but I don't see why your hypothesis is any more valid, and since they obviously can float objects of an arbitrary size, keep people and objects stuck to the "floor" in a spaceship, and prevent them from feeling the effects of acceleration, suggesting that these things are linked seems perfectly reasonable to me.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reasonable, perhaps. But it doesn't follow that, if A and B are opposites, the presence of A automatically indicates the presence of B.

I other words, it may make sense to assume that they have both. But you can't say that having artificial gravity means they have to have antigravity.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That depends on how the "artificial gravity" is achieved.
If it's a field holding the crew to the deck "holding" them downward, then it's not going to allow for antigrav tech.

If the "artificial gravity" is in fact the result of graviton manipulation then severing the effects of said (hypothetical, BTW) gravitons would be easy by comparison.

If they dont describe it at all or make it plot issue, you'll just go nuts thinking about it.

Such are the dog days of summer.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Additional - pics are now available from "The Siege" on a German Stargate site, that depict the arrival of Colonel Everett and his SFs and jarheads, as well as some of the accompanying action. Say, are the uniforms and red berets familiar to anyone? And where are they standing in that panoramic pic, anyway?

http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/index.php?seite=atlantis_episodenguide&aktion=showfolge&ID=19

http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/index.php?seite=atlantis_episodenguide&aktion=showfolge&ID=20

Nothing on Daedelus (was hoping to see a shot of her bridge or something), but I'm quite happy seeing proof that the situation on Atlantis isn't as dire as it might be. McKay, who has been visibly slimming down since the beginning of the series, is only a few episodes away from a fresh Big Mac. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps