Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars (Major $$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars (Major $$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Part I isn't over yet, but I figured if I waited until it was over, discussion of the mini-series would be scattered over half a dozen threads.

Part I will be re-run several times this evening.
Part II will be shown tomorrow evening and also rerun several times afterwards.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh boy. Where to begin...

How cool was that opening scene with the four Command Carriers rising out of the planet's rings? Seriously.

CGI Rygel was pretty impressive. It had been established some time ago that Hynerians were aquatic, and it shows here. It was still shocking that he could move that fast, though.

And Rygel is now pregnant with John and Aeryn's baby. And his evil cousin wants him back to unite the Hynerians against the Scarrans.

Jool's back! Well, she was back until she got nuked by the Scarrans.

Jothee's back! And he's got a contingent of Luxans under his command to boot.

Lolan gets destroyed by the Scarrans.

Chiana can see again, and she has X-ray vision?

I know I've seen that Supreme Chancellor guy before. Was he one of the Flax guys from "Liars, Guns, and Money?"

And who's baby is Grayza pregnant with?

Massive MASSIVE revelations about the origins of the Peacekeepers. Ten bucks says the planet the pre-Sebaceans came from was Earth.

Einstein! (In more ways than one. Gotta love Harvey!)

Uh, that's all I can think of at the moment. Can't wait for Part II!

[ October 17, 2004, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Krenim ]

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And Rygel is now pregnant with John and Aeryn's baby."

"And who's baby is Grayza pregnant with?"

Geez... Is this a miniseries, or a bloody soap opera?

So, it ended... what, about fifteen minutes ago? Hopefully there will be a BitTorrent floating around within an hour or two. Too bad they no doubt make references to all sorts of details from the series that I've forgotten about. And, by "details", I mean "major plot points".

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a a new kickass TSO CD Friday. I got new Farscape today, get more tomorrow. There is girl potential.

This has been a good weekend.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

So, it ended... what, about fifteen minutes ago? Hopefully there will be a BitTorrent floating around within an hour or two.

Hopefully. I've been too long without my regular dose of Farscape already, and I have no idea whether HBO intends to show he miniseries around here later...
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

You know, I fully intended to write up all the plot points and whatnot for Part II like I did for Part I.

However, the only thing that my brain is capable of thinking at this point in time is the following:

YOU KILLED D'ARGO!!!! YOU FRELLING BASTARDS!!!!

--------------------

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful.

Just. Frelling. Beautiful.

I love the end of Harvey. The 2001 shot was perfect. At the end I kept expecting John to hold the kid up and say "Behold the only thing greater than yourself." Staleek ripping out Scorpy's cooling system in part 1 was... shocking. Did anyone else think Pilot sounded different?

Loose ends. What happened to Scorpius? His reaction to the treaty signing was... unreadable. And who was the father of Grayza's baby? It could easily be Crichton, it was implied it wasn't, but implications aren't everything. Noranti was never seen after jumping into the docking web, but I'll assume she survived. (Unless she was in the signing scene...) It was interesting actually seeing the web for once. Sikozu being the traitor was unexpected, and I'm not sure how it fits, but I'll bet it does. I note that the fates of Grunschlick, Sikozu, and D'argo aren't COMPLETELY certain. We have no bodies. I do wonder why the Scarrans didn't just nuke the site from orbit. (Only way to be sure.) I'll assume they destroyed the blueprints and prototype of the wormhole weapon, John's book, etc. Did Chiana actually go to Hyneria? Did Rygel's invitation stand after the Scarran invasion ended? And WHY, praytell, did Einstein actually give John the info to build the weapon? Was there unspoken communication about his intentions? And what do the characters intend to do now that presumably nobody's trying to capture them?

--------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Pilot did sound different...

Wasn't Noranti with the refugee ... er... have no clue how to spell it ... Eidolons?

I am overall pleased... It's a good ending to the series, while still leaving plenty of things open for further miniseries...es... man, I'm off tonight.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who... or what is Einstein anyway? A wormhole alien? I'll assume Crichton gave him...it that name.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah: the "Einstein" alien is the same creepy actor from the Phantasm movies!
Mabye the actor that played the wormhole alien/his dad was shooting an Airwolf movie or something and could'nt make the scene...

Creepy wormhole guy though.
John going into the wormhole and demanding and audience with the Wormhole Aliens kinda reminds me of some other show though...I'll thik of it eventually. [Wink]

The only big flaw I found was that they tried to cram EVERY character from the past few seasons into this!
Small universe, I guess (shrugs).

I loved the design on the Decimator but ciuld have done without the "Alien Queen" head-dress on the female Skarran.

Why were the Skarrans so small and non-telekinetic in this?
All the other Skarrans we've seen were far more formidible (requiring mltiple shots from a pulse pistol to even knock down!).

Great 2001 death scene for Harvey! I laughed nad felt bad at the same time!

A better ending for the series than I would've expected: I doubt Criton's life will be any easier now though: he'll be a living legend nad at least some people will assume he can still make wormholes...

Plus, what happens to Scorpy?
(man, his re-haired giirlfriend was lookin' fiiiiine in this!)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Member # 91

Mabye the actor that played the wormhole alien/his dad was shooting an Airwolf movie or something and could'nt make the scene...

Or maybe that alien got shot in the head half way through the third season.

I loved the design on the Decimator

So did I when I saw it in the Wing Commander and Freespace games. [Smile]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Or maybe that alien got shot in the head half way through the third season.
Heeeeeeyy! I recall something about that (vaguely).
He got shot, huh? The actor or the character?
I sometimes lose track of the diffrences...
What happened there?
Mabye he's flying Airwolf in the afterlife, with unlimited missiles and ammo.

I liked him. Who shot him? Scorpious?

Got a link to the Decimator from the video games?
I was thinking of building one.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Member # 91

Furlough shot Jack in "...Infinite Possiblities, pt. 2: Icarus Abides". It was the one where the other John died. I think she thought he was gonna kill her, or at least prevent her from selling wormhole tech. (He probably would have killed her, to be fair.) And it's not an exact copy of the ships I've seen, but the multiple points on the front of the Decimator were very reminiscent of the Shivan Juggernaughts and various Kilrathi capital ships.

--------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
I love the end of Harvey. The 2001 shot was perfect.

Yeah, although I wonder if Harvey's really gone. After all, Scorpius tricked John into thinking Harvey was gone once. And who really thinks Scorpy included a self-destruct on the slim chance John lost the wormhole knowledge?
quote:
Loose ends. What happened to Scorpius? His reaction to the treaty signing was... unreadable.
Unknown. I guess it all comes down to whether or not Scorpy's need for vengance against the Scarrans was satisfied. This is really where I was expecting a "The Princess Bride" reference, with John telling Scorpy he'd make a wonderful Dread Pirate Roberts.
quote:
And who was the father of Grayza's baby? It could easily be Crichton, it was implied it wasn't, but implications aren't everything.
The way I see it, the baby is either John's, Braca's, or the Supreme Chancellor's.
quote:
Did Chiana actually go to Hyneria? Did Rygel's invitation stand after the Scarran invasion ended?

I don't know if Chiana wound up going or not. With the war over, I doubt Rygel's cousin (whatever his name was) would give up power now. However, I wonder if there was a provision about that in the treaty. After all, if I remember correctly, it was the PKs that were the real power behind the coup against Rygel. A neutral Hyneria with Rygel on the throne as part of the treaty doesn't seem like too big a stretch.
quote:
And WHY, praytell, did Einstein actually give John the info to build the weapon? Was there unspoken communication about his intentions?
Probably to just show everyone that the weapons were too dangerous to pursue. I doubt anyone's dumb enough to make something that horrific again.
quote:
And what do the characters intend to do now that presumably nobody's trying to capture them?
Well, there's presumably still those Pathfinder yahoos out to get them. And aren't the Nebari still out to conquer everyone with some kind of plague?

--------------------

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My god. I honestly don't know what to think. I have waited for many months to see this, and despite the fact that the first episode seemed to hurry through the set-up, the second episode was fantastic.

Utterly fantastic. I cannot say that this left me hanging as much as the finale of Season 4 did.

I only have a few concerns: D'Argo is dead? Bullshite. You and I both know that his was a death that was much too cheap to be for real.

I had a small complaint about his "goodbye" scene. These are characters that have been closer than family for 4 long years. They have been in worse situations. They would not allow D'Argo to die so easily, poison blood or no.

Theory: Since noth Sikozu and Grumchlik were left behind, it is not out of the question to assume that they could have escaped before the wormhole destroyed the planet. There were several Strykers still on the ground.

Additionally, Crighton has been reconstituted at least twice. Cloned at least thrice. Obviously people never die permanently on this show. [Smile]

--------------------
Move .sig!!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps