Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG-1: "Gemini" $$

Author Topic: SG-1: "Gemini" $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So now, basically, we're fucked. Replicator Sam figured out how to immunize the Replicators against the Ancient zapper-thing. And they're in the galaxy somewhere, as she was able to gate off of the Alpha Site. Else, she gated to another planet with a ZPM that can dial long distance...

Also, at the beginning of the ep (in the only scene with Daniel), there was mention of test flights being complete and the Asgard hyperdrive working fine. "The ship" is being prepped and the crew being picked. No mention of the name of the ship, but seeing as where this ship is going to Pegasus to visit Atlantis its probably the Daedalus. Daniel really really wants to go.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, the fools gave a replicator access to the only weapon they had against them, information on the Asgard satellite, presumably any information that Replicarter may have come across while tapping into the base computer, AND the location of the Alpha-site to boot.

I really hate stories that are driven by the stupidity of various characters.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen. I mean, they took her word for EVERYTHING. Can we assume Carter is suffering from trauma from encountering so many replicas of herself?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh. The whole Replicator storyline has gone on for far too long as it is. I wouldn't be surprised if Replicarter suddenly were to turn to the Light Side or something similarly asinine later on and dramatically sacrifice herself in a final confrontation with Fifth, thereby defeating the bugs once and for all and letting everyone live happily ever after and saving the show's writers from yet another embarrassing corner to pen themselves out of.

(SG-1 has a bit too rich a history of superweapons being introduced and then countered, I think.)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I wouldn't be surprised if Replicarter suddenly were to turn to the Light Side or something similarly asinine later on and dramatically sacrifice herself in a final confrontation with Fifth..."

Well, it's a little late for that now, isn't it?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heheheh RepliCarter. Let's just hope that the Replicators don't get to the Pegasus Galaxy - more specifically Atlantis. That weapon also seemed a little... wierd to me - sounded like (when they passed it between people) and looked like it was made out of polystyrene or something - like those old containers they used for Big Macs etc.

That airman should have just taken out RepliCarter! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evil Carter is more impressive than that Fifth guy, at least, though considering how fast this show seems to go through villains ("Seems" because this is just my sort of loose impression, rather than, like, based on me counting actual appearences or storyline lengths or something.)
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After watching the "secret's revealed" I'm looking forward to future episodes.

I enjoyed SG:A more though. Major Sheppard going all Splinter Cell on the Genai was great. Hanging from the ceiling and shooting down at the group.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have REALLY enjoyed SGA! I still love SG1 too - of course!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps