Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Hi everybody!! Big Quantum Leap fan here!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hi everybody!! Big Quantum Leap fan here!!
Beckett Goddess
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all you Sci-fi fans, I love Quantum Leap and the star of the show Scott Bakula. Are there anymore out there too?

Spk l8er

CJ [Smile]

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh oh.

OK, I'm a fan of the show too and occasionally pull out my tapes.

Pet peeves include contradictions about whether or not Al can see Sam leap, whether Al sees Sam as himself or the person he has leaped into, and the second version of Al's handlink to Ziggy.

I also don't understand why there are so few episodes on the DVD release, yet it remains full price.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Beckett Goddess
Ex-Member

It's a shame there aren't so many episodes released on DVD. Anyhow Iam setting up a new website its still under construction but there is still plenty to see.

CJ

[link removed]

[ December 27, 2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: TSN ]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I abstain from clicking on any sci-fi link with "touch of fantasy" in it as a matter of preserving what little hope I have left for humanity's value.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What say you wait until you have a bit more than one post before you start advertising for yourself, hm?
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was pretty harmless.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Beckett Goddess
Ex-Member

Look guys why u being so harsh I have been working really hard getting my site up together Iam only trying to spread the word to get a post on my forum Iam adding more and more and it should be done by the end of this week. Please give me a break.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posting simply for the purpose of advertising a website is spamming, and that's against the forums' rules.

Throwing out a link to your website in the course of a developed discussion when it's relevent is okay as is having a link your website in your signature. Just throwing it out there isn't acceptable.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drop the link down to your sig and post about Sam all you want.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Spk l8er"
Beckett Goddess
Ex-Member

Ok Iam sorry guys very new to this had no idea I would cause offence to you all. I wasn't aware I was spamming I do apologise it won't happen again.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you could start by actually discussing something about the series.

For instance... the pet peeves I mentioned were an attempt to start an actual conversation about Quantum Leap.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a shame, but I never got to watch Quantum Leap save for about half a dozen episodes.

It always seemed to me, though, that the series was based on having Sam Beckett change the future. Is this accurate, or did I just watch the few episodes that did this? If it is accurate, that's a twist on the usual "restore the timeline" or "protect the timeline" that we're usually fed in TV sci-fi series.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yes, Sam was actively changing the timeline, "putting right what once went wrong", in other words, usually helping people fix their messed up lives or preventing accidents.

In a couple of episodes he even changed things that effected his own life, such as fixing something in a girl's life that later caused her to marry him, though he didn't realize this until years later when he switched places with Al and found himself in his own time.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though later, we are introduced to his nemesis, a female leaper whose job it was to SCREW UP people's lives, to cause pain and suffering. She and her hologram worked for the opposite number of whatever force was leaping him around in time (be it God, or Fate, or Time, or himself, depending on what you want to believe), and had far greater control over the time travel process - to the point that they can pretty much send and recall multiple leapers at will.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps