Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Hi everybody!! Big Quantum Leap fan here!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hi everybody!! Big Quantum Leap fan here!!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd think that Sam kept all his memories of Al- after he fixed Al's life for him.

Kinda to give him some moral foundation to hang on to- just the lack of Al as an emotional anchor nad source of information would make leaping considerably tougher.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there's nothing to indicate that Al suddenly stopped being Sam's partner. It never said that Al was gone. Unless that's how you want to interpret the leaping effect on the photo of Al at the end.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kinda got the "Al lived happily ever after and Sam was alone" vibe from it, yeah.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Problem is, Sam would've never had a prayer of getting anything done without Al. I agree the idea of Sam having to forge ahead by himself is fairly romantic, and it would even make Sam's decision to put that right a sacrifice as well as a gift, but it's not very believable.
StarLord
Member # 1430

- posted      Profile for StarLord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is still persistent talk of a Quantum Leap TV movie. Supposedly Dean Stockwell is involved and Sam's daughter will be the female leaper, in search of her dad. Hope is that Bakula will appear briefly as Sam.
This is intended as a pilot for a projected Leap II series.

--------------------
www.incredibleworlds.cjb.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

M'kay... whence came these rumors?

The premise sounds mildly plausible, though I have trouble believing any scientific organization would send another into the past knowing that they can't be reliably retrieved. Also, why would they have to "find" Sam? Is Al not still in touch with him via lepton/mason connection? I can't imagine Al ever abandoning Sam, assuming the revised timeline kept Al a part of Project Quantum Leap.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I heard this was mentioned on IMBD a couple of months back....no idea if it's genuine or not though.

What happened to our fragile new Flarite that started this thread?
(insert image of insane asylum full of thin-skinned, would-be Flarites rocking back and forth in straight-jackets)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could possibly interpret the "the leaps are about to get harder" line to indicate that the Bartender knew that Sam was about to do something noble and would no longer have Al helping him. If he had these powers to see into the future and stuff, and if you think that Al was going to stop helping him. And stuff.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The bartender realised that Sam's constant companion, from that episode on, would be booze.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Had the series continued, we would have seen that every time Sam leaped into a new life, there would be a different drink within arm's reach. You know, just to get him going.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

He can quit whenever he wants to!
GOT THAT!?!
WHENEVER HE WANTS TO!!!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps