Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Is anybody else looking forward to the new dr who ? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Is anybody else looking forward to the new dr who ?
Neutron_Bomb
Member # 1471

- posted      Profile for Neutron_Bomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait for the new series of dr who . I've heard it goes out on march 26th , bbc1.
Apperently they are spending �1,000,000 per episode on it.
+ Darleks are in it! [Smile]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would they be the ones that roll around screeching "Exterminarte!"?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes and their mortal enemy is a flight of stairs!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flirt of stars, in this case, I think.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what the cybermen will look like?

I wonder if they will have episodes with older doctors visiting!?! PLEASE PLEASE Paul McGann. Tom Baker too even? Although he would have aged too much to look as he did before the 4th Doctor died. They could get the guy from 'Dead Ringers' to do it!?! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye they'll skip re-hashing the old villans and come up with new (evil) recurring races.

The Cybermen (later models at least) were pretty cool, but I could live with never seeing another dalek episode.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Yes and their mortal enemy is a flight of stairs!

In 50 years, you are easily the first person to make that joke. I can't believe no-one else has ever thought of it, ever. Well done sir.

Also, you are wrong. They can hover.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Tom Baker too even? Although he would have aged too much to look as he did before the 4th Doctor died. They could get the guy from 'Dead Ringers' to do it!?! [Big Grin]

That wasn't really a problem though when Troughton and Pertwee reappeared. Or rather it was, but they ignored it.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, you know how to escape the daleks? Run up an flight of.....oh.

You'd think they'd just hover all the damn time.
Mabye they will in their inevitable appearances in the new series.

Mabye those goofy hemispheres all over the body of the Daleks are antigrav devices or something.

A question: didn't the Doctor (5th?) kill Davros?
(it's been a while sice Dr. Who was shown over here)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Hey, you know how to escape the daleks? Run up an flight of.....oh.

You'd think they'd just hover all the damn time.
Mabye they will in their inevitable appearances in the new series.

Mabye those goofy hemispheres all over the body of the Daleks are antigrav devices or something.

A question: didn't the Doctor (5th?) kill Davros?
(it's been a while sice Dr. Who was shown over here)

None of the Doctors has ever killed Davros, but the 7th blew up Skaro (or more accuratly, got Davros to blow up Skaro). Skaro is in the TV movie, so I think they've had to work around that in the books (by making the planet New Skaro/altering the timeline/whatnot).

Those globes all over a Dalek are sensor domes, I believe. And as to why they don't hover all the time, well, it's not very energy efficient. Plus BBC budget and all. There's a scene in "The Chase" (a really early Hartnell Dalek story, around 1965) where they clearly imply that the Daleks can acend stairs with no problems. We first see them actually hovering in Colin Baker's Dalek story (Revelation of the Daleks, I think), around 1986. And we actually honest-to-god see them floating up a flight of stairs in the really quite good Rememberence of the Daleks (McCoy, 1988).

And I've probably got all those story names wrong, too.

--------------------

Neutron_Bomb
Member # 1471

- posted      Profile for Neutron_Bomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have checked some facts on the official website and ,according to the producer, yes the daleks will will hover in the new series.
www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam got the names right. But in "Revelation", I think it was only Davros who was seen floating. But if his ancient chair / lower body could, then modern Daleks certainly could...

A Dalek's bumps are its sensor array. According to the Master, they can detect ion-charged emissions and operate as synthetic beam locators at a distance of up to twenty thousand light years. They're also extremely firm.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I thought we saw some of the Imperial Daleks floating too in Revelation. But it's been a while since I've seen that one, so I could be wrong.

Didn't the early Daleks (early story-wise, not Genesis of the Daleks-early) not have those sensor domes?

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it normal if you have never seen an episode of Dr. Who in your life ever? Because I worry.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Daleks always had those bumps. They didn't always have the grille-like "solar panels" around the midsection, as they were originally powered by static electricity transmitted through the floor of their cities. Their second appearance (where they invaded Earth) saw this with silly dishes on their back where they recieved their power.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps