Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Firefly: "Our Mrs. Reynolds"

Author Topic: Firefly: "Our Mrs. Reynolds"
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The discovery of a stowaway (Christina Hendricks) leads to an even more shocking find---she's actually Mal's payment for a past job. Meanwhile, the Alliance has its eye on the Serenity. Or at least someone aboard it.

Joss considers this the best script he�s ever written according to the official website.

OK, what I want to know is this: Since the woman turned out to be a plant/Mata Hari type, then was the whole situation at the beginning with the bad guys also part of the set-up?

I mean, they acted like they knew who the gal was when they married her off to Mel, and she acted like what she appeared (a simple woman from a simple people), but later we learn she's been companion trained and was working all along wit the guys who ran the net.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think so. For one, that'd be an awful lot of setup just to heist an old Firefly, and for two, she didn't seem to be one of the villagers' (intended) gifts, unless, of course, they were all oblivious to her... alternate lifestyle.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I'm pretty sure that Saffron had insinuated herself into the Triumph settlers town without their knowledge. Well, I mean, without their, you know, fully informed knowledge. The village elder makes no mention of her. One might wonder how exactly she came to be on that planet in the first place.

In fact, now that I think about it, I wonder if anyone had ever seen her before that night.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Despite the presence of fascinating rain-sticks, wouldn't the Village Elder notice if a complete stranger was performing their marriage ceremony on one of their guests of honor? I suspect Serenity had been on Triumph for a week or so before Mal's adventures in tranvestism. That might give Saffron enough time to A) find the target, and B) infiltrate the settlers. She implies that she had been cloistered in the Maidenhouse to Mal and Wash, perhaps that isolation would lend her anonymity...
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe among the men, but the women should have been suspicious. If all the women go into the Maiden House before marriage, then some should remember her from when they were in there and other should know her because they would also be maidens at the same time.

So I would think a stranger aming them performing the wedding dance should raise some suspicious. Unless they thought she was with the Serenity crew to begin with.

She did have to sneak on board and hide in the cargo. It's not like any of the elders congratulated Mal on getting married.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a big party with lots of alcohol and plenty of people. I think it's fair to say that the villagers weren't in a particularly suspicious mood. That plus Saffron is a very good actor tells me that she needn't have been there long.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps