Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » NuBSG/Firefly crossover

Author Topic: NuBSG/Firefly crossover
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen a few crossover suggestions between NuBSG & Firefly, but none have been quite like this...

Adama:
quote:

'Life here began out there.' Those are are the first words of the sacred scrolls-the first words the Lords of Kobal gave us countless centuries ago. They tell us in explicit terms we are not alone in the universe.

There is a thirteenth colony of man.

Earth

Mal
quote:
Here's how it is: Earth got used up, so we terraformed a whole new galaxy of Earths, some rich and flush with new technologies, some not so much. Central Planets, thems formed the Alliance, waged war to bring everyone under their rule; a few idiots tried to fight it, among them myself. I'm Malcolm Reynolds, captain of Serenity. She's a transport ship, Firefly class. Got a good crew: fighters, pilot, mechanic. We even picked up a preacher for some reason, and a bona fide companion. There's a doctor, too, took his genius sister outta some Alliance camp, so they're keeping a low profile. You understand. You got a job, we can do it. Don't much care what it is.
OK, this sets the stage...

Earth was used up and abandoned in the Firefly "'verse." After travelling for who knows how long, Humanity settled into a single star system with a multitude of planets they terraformed into Earths.

But, did everyone leave Earth? Would that be possible that every man, woman and child and every animal evacuated the planet?

We know the Colonists in BSG came from Earth. We saw the starmap on Kobol. What if Kobol was the first stop on the way to the star system we saw in Firefly? Humanity pauses at this one planet before finding a star system with enough worlds to support them.

After a time the Humans in this new star system grew restless and fougth among themselves. At least one war was waged and the border worlds still aren't too cozy with the Alliance. Tensions could easily flare again.

What if, after a long period of time and successive wars these hundreds of Earths dwindled to just 12? And what if those 12 worlds were then renamed after the Zodiac? After several more years (decades? centuries?) of conflict, these Humans built machines, Cylons, to continue the fight for them.

The Cylons rebelled against their makers. Humanity unified in the face of the Cylon threat and the 12 colonies became a brotherhood of man. After years of war, the Cylons departed for parts unknown, only to return and launch a devastating Holocost upon their makers.

A rag-tag fugitive fleet escaped the Cylon assault and is searching for Earth, the place where life began.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure you could construct any number of such scenerios, but why would you want to?
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boredom?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in that spirit, sort of, how much better would the really no good at all Doom have been if, at the end, when the Rock drops his weapons and challenges Karl Urban to fisticuffs, Urban had taken the last bullet he fired into the air and instead shot the Rock in the head?
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of the horrid Dr Who/Star Trek crossover comic...or the X-men/Star Trek one where the only genuinely funny moment is when a character calls for Dr. McCoy and the Beast & Bones answer simultaneously.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is bound to degenerate from fanboy idiocy to gay slash fanfic territory....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sweet, virginal Firefly shall not be sullied by tying it in with any other series. It is perfect and holy unto itself.

Amen.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen indeed.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So say we all! Er, I'll get me coat.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there is a vessel in the miniseries of BSG that looks a whole lot like a Firefly... whether its an homage to the series or an intentional hint at a possible crossover is another matter.

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

It's the same effects company, is the deal.
Treknophile
Member # 1869

- posted      Profile for Treknophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not worried about writers with integrity (Firefly - Ghu rest her soul) hearing nutty ideas like this.

What scares me is desperate, lousy writers (NuBSG) hearing nutty ideas like this...

--------------------
www.strategicdesignpub.com

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that they colonies were from Cobal, and the 13 tribes left from there. Twelve went in one general direction, and the 13th went in a different one. After a falling out with the Dieties of Cobal.

Bones, the vessel's been pointed out, it is here someplce.

Treknophile, you are so right.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Antiright.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps