Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Images of alternate *Imperial* Corellian Corvette needed!

Author Topic: Images of alternate *Imperial* Corellian Corvette needed!
ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

OK, OK, I know you're shocked to see a Star Wars-related post (^_^), but I have looked for schematics/pictures of this ship all over the web without success.

It was featured in one of the earlier Star Wars games, I think it was "TIE Fighter."

This variation of the Corellian Corvette (similar to Leia's blockade runner) wore blue trim instead of red, and had a much smoother hull. Several areas were much more built up, but in a streamlined way.

I want to build a model of this (retro-fit the big toy, actually), so I have an Imperial ship in that scale - I need screencaps from the game, if possible!

Thanks, in advance!

~ Jason :-)

------------------
STAR TREK: BEYOND - http://stbeyond.homestead.com

Get ready for a dual-ship series dealing with multiple timelines.... *grins*

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... Actually, the surprising bit isn't the fact that it's a SW post, but rather the fact that it's in one of the Trek Forums, rather than the SW one... :-)

*gently picks the thread up and flings it in the general direction of the proper Forum*

------------------
"Compared to you, every male on this ship is an expert on women!"
-Geordi LaForge to Wesley Crusher, TNG: "Sarek"

ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I hadn't noticed there was a SW forum here...

*sheepish grin*

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just doin' my job... :-)

------------------
"Compared to you, every male on this ship is an expert on women!"
-Geordi LaForge to Wesley Crusher, TNG: "Sarek"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked around for pics, schematics or meshes of the Modified Corvette but came up short. SWMA has a mesh but they're down for the count for now, sorry.

If you want info I can say from the top of my head that the Mod. has a couple more laser-turrets and a torpedo-launcher, the later not being present on the old corvette.

------------------
-At least I can get it up without biomechanical pumps.
-Try falling into a pit of lava, Moffy. Then see how horny you feel.

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited April 25, 2000).]

ASDB_J
Member # 312

Thanks, Nimrod (^_^)

Is it, in fact, from "TIE Fighter" ...?

I remember seeing it a year or two ago when playing the game at my mom's house, but she's out of state. You'd think there would be more pictures available somewhere, but not on any of the modeling or ship pages I went through...

There were some nice articles about the differences in the studio model of the corvette between SW:ANH & SW:ROJ (they added windows & re-modeled the gun turrets), but nothing on the one from that game.

I guess I'll wait to see if anyone can get screencaps, because if I'm going to do such a big model, I want to do it right. I'd want it to correctly portray the more streamlined look of the Imperial variant.

Thanks, again, and keep looking...! ^_^

------------------

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a number of versions of Corellian Corvettes in X-Wing: Alliance. I can get a few screenshots of those if you're interested.

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

[This message has been edited by Mucus (edited April 25, 2000).]

ASDB_J
Member # 312

By all means, YES!

(Don't any of you have non-degrading names???) :-D

I would love to see some variants, especially if they're streamlined versions like I'm trying to find.

Thanks, Mucus (*LOL*)

------------------

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey.... I like my name *L*

Anyways, here are four pictures from X-Wing Alliance.
The first is your standard Corellian Corvette Corellian Corvette
The second is a gunboat version. Corellian Gunboat
The third is a "modified corvette"...the one that I think you are looking for.. Modified Corvette
...and a slightly better picture of it... Small picture

Oh....and don't show these to Frank....he's going to hate these because they aren't "canon" or whatnot
I think some of them have lengths in metres too..muhahaha

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

[This message has been edited by Mucus (edited April 26, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mucus (edited April 26, 2000).]

ASDB_J
Member # 312

That's OK - I've started to get accustomed to the metric system of late...

Thanks for the pics - I'm still not sure if that is, in fact, the ship I remember - but it most likely is. I saw mine in an older game, so it's possible it was a different design.

At any rate, the only thing carried over from Leia's ship are the top & bottom 8 of 11 engines, and the basic 'head' shape. The boxy hull is more streamlined, but in a boring way - I don't know if it'd be worth the time, effort, or money to rip & cut apart a great toy to that extent...? Maybe I could make molds of the needed parts & cast them...? In something...? I don't know if resin would be too much here....

Maybe what I'll do is simply replace the gun turrets on my second blockade runner with something more powerful, add some more details & weapons/pods, repaint the ship a newer white (instead of that dull, weathered grey), and give it blue trim, as originally intended. As long as the ship has a new coat of paint & a different color scheme, and some different details, it should still be a great complement to my fleet... ^_^

Thanks, again!

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and a torp-launcher below the radar dish of course!

------------------
-It's a free society, except there's nothing free,
there's no guarantees y'know, you're on your own.
It's like, "law of the jungle"!

-Keva Rosenberg

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps