Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bin Laden's Felt-Skinned Henchman?

Author Topic: Bin Laden's Felt-Skinned Henchman?
Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, this is nuts...the whole "Bert is Evil" thing strikes again.

Original News Article

Fox's Follow-up Story

Apparently, this photo is undoctored...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do I keep wanting that Fox article to be from the Onion?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That just proofs it: Bin Laden simply yet another individual twisted by the evil teachings of Sesami Street.

Big Bird is watching.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its obvious that the poster contains the original bert/osama photo
Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, the news site cropped Bert out of the image, but it's still viewable via the Fox site...
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it amazes me because the bert is evil stuff was like five years ago.. it was the first webpage i ever visited

ive never been the same

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know who made the original Bert and Osama picture. I don't think he's about to own up to it though.

My question is... did the person who made the poster realize what he was doing?

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's been much speculation about that. I have a hard time believing anyone could avoid noticing it. But people who know more about these things than I insist that the image actually appears on the real poster. Which is incredibly bizarre. Easy way to make us laugh at the Taliban, though, which is good.

I'd hate to be the Children's Television Workshop's PR rep, though. "Mommy, why is Bert supporting the bad man?"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps