Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I went to 2005 MacWorld Expo in SF (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I went to 2005 MacWorld Expo in SF
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that you'd care, but I went to MacWorld last week.
 -

There was some great stuff:
 -

Which is the new mac mini which houses a pretty capable 1.2 GHz G4, 256MB RAM, a 40GB hard drive and CD-burner/DVD ROM drive for $499. Which is, like, incredible for Apple. I mean for all the times I've heard about how expensive Macs are. This is a pretty great little computer. (I mean unless you want to play games.) You would need to supply the monitor, keyboard, and mouse. But lookit how tiny it is! That's the CPU. Under my finger there. That's pretty neato, eh? You can pay more and really trick it out with a faster processor, Bluetooth and/or 802.11g, bigger drives and more memory, but then it starts getting expensive.

Also some less great stuff:
 -

The iPod Shuffle. I think if Apple had pitched this as a USB flash drive that also plays MP3s, they'd really have something. But insisting that the lack of display is a "feature" isn't winning any points. Still 512MB for $99, and 1GB for $149 is the cheapest you're going to find an iPod. It is teeny tiny.

I got a processor upgrade for my aging G4 bringing it to 1.4GHz, and another for my old 7200 to make it a 400MHz G3. The G5 will have to wait a few months. I also picked up one of them video editing jog dials. Supersweet. To the ridiculously small contigent of Macheads on this board, I've got nothing but nice things to say about the friendly folks at Other World Computing.

Please now commence the mocking my computing-platform-of-choice/hairstyle.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a strange Andy Dick/Shady Liam hybrid.

[ January 23, 2005, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, you remind me of that lead guy in Megas XLR. Yes, I do occasionally watch that cartoon.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coop, and I watch that cartoon all the time. I want a giant robot car that chicks dig.

Anyway, the Mac Mini is definitely cool. I'm a bit concerned that it only has the two USB and one Firewire ports. I certainly wouldn't be able to hook up all my peripherals to it. Still, it's pretty neat and a space saver.

I don't like the iPod for the reason you said: no display. Plus, it's small enough that I know my cat would use it as a chew toy.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Macs are bad: they do that to your hair.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yegods man, what did you do to your hair?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you Photoshop yourself into the second pic?
That arm just does not look as though it could belong on your body.

...or you wear long sleeve shirts under short sleeve ones...(shudder)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timely!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Looks like someone read waay too many old Bloom County comics.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
You are a strange Andy Dick/Shady Liam hybrid.

I strive to be THE strange Andy Dick/Shady Liam hybrid.
quote:
Originally posted by Seigfried:
snip...I'm a bit concerned that it only has the two USB and one Firewire ports. I certainly wouldn't be able to hook up all my peripherals to it....snip

That's what hubs are for.

OK, so I was going for Sting or possibly Guile, but didn't quite get there.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
...or you wear long sleeve shirts under short sleeve ones...(shudder)

What's wrong with that? Brad Pitt does it, and you can't say he isn't hunky.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Member # 419

I suppose Florida has always been a little ahead of the curve regarding fashion.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

By Florida law I must now say "It's goin' down!"

As to Brad Pitt: er......I guess I can say he's handsome in a deranged lunatic kinda way (much like how you'd never stop to pick up Vince Vaughn if he were hitching. Okay, you might).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has a Hudson-beard.

-

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
As to Brad Pitt: er......I guess I can say he's handsome in a deranged lunatic kinda way

Anyone who isn't insecure about his own hetrosexuality would say that Brad Pitt is obviously one of the sexiest men ever. Unless you are calling Edward Norton a big fat liar.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps