Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » We're BAAAAAAACK! (Page 7)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: We're BAAAAAAACK!
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) Deal with it. If someone wants to change their names, I see no reason why they should not. The AKA might happen. Might not.

2) Deal with it. I have seen no complaints at all concerning readability. I think it's actually much EASIER to read now...

3) Note the LOGOUT link. Duh.

4) No. Deal with it.

5) Deal with it.

6) That is on the list of things to be fixed.

7) No, not easily. It's a UBB bug that is far too complicated to fix easily.

8) Designed behavior. You may not delete your own posts at Flare. If I could, I'd also prevent mods and admins from doing it.

9) Known issue.

I apologize if I come off brash, but I just had the past two fucking hours worth of work wiped out because of a stupid netscape bug. I am less than happy.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Werd.

We've been snotty to you, so I see absolutely NO problem at all with you being snotty to us. Parity, Bubba--it's the way of the universe.

And since I was the first "purveyor of mucial attitude"....I appreciate the work & the jam. Anything I mentioned...well, I never expected immediate work on it. You deal with "eventually" a lot in my line of work.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not complaining much (well I am against all this damned bright white. I'm going blind here), although I am suggesting a few things, and Netscape= pure hell I know. It always pissed me off just opening the damned thing.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get Nestcape 6.01 if you want to stick with Netscape. It loads ultra fast using that browser.

I like the colors the way they are now

And I love the 'update post indicaters' link. Although, if I may make a suggestion, it might be a good idea to put it on top of every page.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what the "Update Post Indicator" function is supposed to do. . . and, I take it the 'new posts' buttons have been changed, kinda threw me when I came online this morning and those lightbulbs were gone. Much better though. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AAH! I clicked the "update post indicators" button and it said "No cookie for you!!!"
You cookie nazi you! Give me my cookies back!

Isn't cookies what makes the forum remember my password so that I don't have to retype it when I log in????

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First return since the 'upgrade.'

It's so... *look of dire uncertainty*... colorful...

Look! My eye's twitching!

I really don't know about this...
Then again, I'm not here for the color schemes or the cutsey features.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I already like it! The blue is good, and it makes the white look more creamy like, kinda like eggshell. Good taste.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a good example of how people react to change. Badly.

You can't please everybody either, Capps knows that too. Some people don't like all the member info shown, or the timezone change...myself mainly.

Overall though I like what you've done, the colors, the layout, etc. This seems so much more brighter and modern. The old layout, which was also nice was a lot darker and more simplistic.

But I have one final comment. I don't understand why everyone can change their names, but senior members need an admin to change their status line. I think it'd make more sense the other way around. But that's just the UBB code I guess...

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes, Charles. My sympathies on the crash.

Anyway, I stand by my original comment of "Wow!" I like the new color scheme a lot. Blue's my favorite color, so, naturely, this scheme is truly awesome to me.

The name changing doesn't bug me, truth be told. I'm just doing a running gag with Frank ( ). The AKA thing would be nice I wouldn't worry about it. We can always set up a thread called "You Might Remember Me From Such User Names As..." in the Officer's Lounge for the name changers to post in. Except for Frank because he's evil (Frank: ).

Now, Charles, go relax before you pop a blood vessel!

By the way, I love all the new smilies!

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Besides, everyone knows who I am anyway. I transcend name! Bwahaha!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Charles, np - about the 'attitude'... I know the feeling of loosing stuff cause of a (usually) a windows crash - or Netscape... it does crash a lot for me. I can't use Explorer on my machine - tis too old... and not enough space... maybe when I get my new 'puter (although I'd like to know when - any donations to the 'get Andrew a new computer' fund would be greatly appreciated

I'll have to go back and read what my original questions were though to work out your answers - most were no.

Just about a few things briefly

- the colours are nice - but the total white is a bit harsh.

- I really don't care THAT much about the name changes, its just a little boggling why we can't change our description line ourselves, is all. (I do appreciate Frank having Frank on his 'description line' though. (Although we all know a Frank post )

- ummmm I've forgotten the last thing. Oh, yeah - ummm, just reguards this box I'm typing in, is it possible to have it a little further up the page (in the reply page) cause there's a lot of stuff above it which makes you have to move the page down after you've typed greater than 7 lines or so.

Sorry if I've said this already.

I'll have to go back and read my previous post.

Andrew

P.S. I noticed that the moving e-moticons stop after a while... they're not infinite.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that I'm at work using IE instead of Netscape, and the download time per page isn't half an hour, I like it better.

Okay, I'll give it a passing grade.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The animated smileys seem to be set to run infinitely, but, even as I was checking that, they stopped. But I reloaded and have been watching them, and now they aren't stopping. I don't know what the deal is...
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They stop when you klick on a link, I think.

[ May 30, 2001: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps