Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Upgrade Info (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Upgrade Info
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you can see, the board has been updated to a new version.

If you don't notice the difference: *insert insult here*

Senior Members, Mods, and Admins can now change their titles using the profile edit page. Restricted HTML may be used.

The Senior Member threshold has been bumped to 750 posts to offset the lamosity. Existing members that reached the old 250 threshold will be unable to change their titles manually - but you can still ask an admin.

Messages may now only be edited for up to two hours since it was originally posted. Edits within 10 minutes of posting yield no "Edited by" message - those that make typos, rejoice. [Wink] If the two hour limit turns out to not be enough, I can up it.

Have a nice day.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
/me nodds approvingly... I like, I like [Smile]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The blue arrows! They're everywhere! AAH! [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent.. everything is falling into place now.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good work my man. "Lamosity" will be in my vocabulary now, too.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I think all the "Re:"s on the front page are a little overboard...
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not too fond of the re's either.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks very cool. Good job!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Ed BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Could you fix it to where you click on the blue arrow beside the name of the last person who post take you to the new posts instead of that persons post?

(Did that make any sense?)

IP: Logged
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... I guess it makes sense.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I liked the previous layout better, where the rows were closer together. The blue arrows space things out too much, and make it harder to review the forums at a glance. I suppose that the arrows can be useful, but I prefer to have things a bit closer together.

Still, it looks nice!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The space reason is why I've always been opposed to the feature - there's just no other way to lay it out without making the column widths all screwy.

I'll continue the play around with how it's done. At this point, it looks like the arrow icon will go away and the name will be linked instead. (The arrow is misleading - see BWC's post above about the wrong context...)

In the future (after this release goes out in a month or two), you will be able to choose whether or not you wish to see that feature at all.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One thing I have been meaning to mention, and this seems like a good place, is the portion below the text box for posting....

Can you make the greamlins, buttons, and the sig/disable greamlins check boxes all one table???

This would make it easier to check the boxes without scrollng as much.... Relabel it "instant Options" to fit with the other headings....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

It's not quite that easy - each of the tables can be turned on and off independantly. [Smile]

I've updated the "last reply by..." link in the template to what we'll be using in all of our products - this is the final. Enjoy. [Wink]

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta say, Charles, not a big fan of the "Re:"

But the control over the status line rules. [Cool]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.