Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Upgrade Info (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Upgrade Info
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Red BWC:
Boy do I feel like a dumbass!

Self-knowledge is the beginning of wisdom.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CC: I think I know what's going on regarding the bug I mentioned. With Cartman's above post, the recent point marker reads as:

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000206;p=2#000030

The thing is, that while it is trying to go to post 30, post 30 is on the Third Page, not the second. Looks like a little mathematical tinkering is in order.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Red BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
What is so damn wrong about making a fucking mistake once in a while?!?!?!

(This ignores the fact that when I had less than 250 posts, because I was a fresh out of TrekBBS guy, and didnt know better. SHould have lurked first...)

IP: Logged
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Makes sense, Tahna. Every time I do something involving the pages, there are off-by-one errors like this...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric: But, you'll notice that that URL also includes "p=2", which ought to make it go to the second page.
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does - but reply 30 is post 31, which is on page 3.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sees now what he meant*

Oops. Misunderstanding on my part.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Think of it as a rite of passage for the board. When I first came here, it was even wilder. I slipsed through less scathed then a lot of people have, but most feel the heat for a long time. Shold have been around when Vogy was an admin. Between Charles and Lee threatening life, limb and ISP connections, and all the spelling corrections (they overlook me now) Grammer police, and some of the great fights, it's a wonder that we ever got new people to stay.

quote:

, because I was a fresh out of TrekBBS guy,

What name did you us there?

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Red BWC:

(This ignores the fact that when I had less than 250 posts, because I was a fresh out of TrekBBS guy, and didnt know better. SHould have lurked first...)

You are forgetting the fact the good ol Charles is in charge of programming this UBB for his company. These forums are basically his testbed. So yes, a small mistake DOES matter.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Koshy: "Should". "Use".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It took you 19 days to notice two minor typos?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it took me 19 days to remember to read "Incoming Hail" once in a while.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post 
when did all this happen?? hehe
well this is my first post since the change, and i approve.
altho now i'm probly never gonna be able to change status line haha...not that it matters to me, as long as the content is fine and the friendly banter between members of this most esteemed community continues to flow [Big Grin]
mind u, i never had any problems being a 'newbie' nobody ever picked on me as i recall. [Smile]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Start typing "you", or you might just fund 250 pounds of admin "picking" on you. Unless Tim is on holiday, obviously...

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because he is fat! He can write "are" and "you" though, so it evens out.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps