Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Top Ten Reasons for Being Dutch (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Top Ten Reasons for Being Dutch
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.geocities.com/hdfast/funstuff/ned_belg.txt

That's why I'm Dutch

------------------
"Human race in tha house!" KoRn & Kittie, This Town
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explain how you can be legally killed...

And I've never understood the phneomenon of mocking the Belgians. I first noticed it on Monty Python's Flying Circus. Is there something about Belgium that I don't know?

------------------
"If the rope is a quarter of a Zeuslength in size, then the Defiant shalt most naturally be seven times the thirty-second part of a Zeuslength?"
-Boris Skrbic, 27-Sep-2000

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BELGIANS!??!

*clears throat, and spits*
*does it again*

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See? That's exactly what I'm on about. I don't think anyone even knows why they do it...

------------------
"If the rope is a quarter of a Zeuslength in size, then the Defiant shalt most naturally be seven times the thirty-second part of a Zeuslength?"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PEOPLE FROM CHILE?

::Spits::
Disgusting.

GO BIGOTRY!!!!!!!

WEEEHA!!!

------------------
"...you know, Omega, there's a phrase you might want to look up. It goes something like "paranoid arrogant fuckwit who has more chance of ejaculating to the moon than he has of ever convincing a girl that he's a viable prospect for marriage." -PsyLiam, September 16, 2000 10:23 PM.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I imagine it's just because Belgium is funny to say. Plus, it's like, not even a real country. That Belgian guy from the Young Indiana Jones show was just French. Inspector Poirot? Same thing.

When they were drawing up the official map of Europe, they had some space left over, essentially. This also explains Lichenstein, Andorra, and everything east of Berlin.

"Poland? Sure, why the hell not?"

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Dutch and I'm proud of it!
Great list Prakesh

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. *And*, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!

- Commander Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That always warms the heart of a Dutchman!

------------------
"And as we all know, a mesolytic quantumvector resonator is commonly
used to polarize isogravitic plasma-flux manifolds."

Starfleet Academy's Redshirt Guide to the Starfleet, 62nd edition,

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I have a bit of Dutch ancestry on both sides of my family. Do I count as being Dutch? :-)

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

Thank god.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dutch have to be cool. They are responsible for most of the development of Western New York, especially Batavia, where I'm from.

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

*figures it out* Apparently, I'm 3/32 Dutch (about 9.4%). But, so far as I know, I'm not Belgian, which should make everyone happy. But I am an uncertain fraction Welsh, which I've gathered is held in about the same regard.

Oh, yeah. I'm also part French. And part Irish-Catholic. I can already hear everyone getting ready to beat me... *L*

------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you'd like to know that New York began as Nieuw (=New) Amsterdam. So, if the Dutch had just been a little more aggresve back then, you would all be speaking Dutch!

------------------
"Human race in tha house!" KoRn & Kittie, This Town
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And part Irish-Catholic."
Catholicism isn't an ethnic group. Just being pedantic.

------------------
"Sweetness, sweetness I was only joking
When I said I'd like to smash every tooth
In your head"
Bigmouth Strikes Again- The Smiths

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Gurgeh: Yes, I know that. But my Irish ancestors were Catholics, and those seem to be the ones that are less well-liked. Hell, they had to emigrate to Canada and later move to Michigan, apparently because the US wasn't letting Catholics through over at Ellis Island and such.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps