Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Irony of ironies... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Irony of ironies...
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got asked to play a Darwinist in a video for my class at church. We'll be filming Sunday, and screening Wednesday.

Any advice?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Break a leg.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear god Jeff, let some love into your heart.

Er, advice, advice. Act. That'll do.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what you're supposed to say when someone's going to act. "Break a leg!"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Riiiiiiight, Jeff...

I really think I can handle acting like a Darwinist. My only real concern is that if I read certain people's reactions properly, we're filming at the house of one Grant. His eight-year-old sister Grace(ie) has taken quite a liking to me recently, demanding candy (she LOVES blue raspberry warheads), piggy-back rides, and the pushing of swings. She even stole my glasses Sunday night and hid in the little girls' room. She could... interfere with filming.

But on the plus side, they do have a grand piano. A grand piano will cover a multitude of sins.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread makes almost as much sense as that great thread of old: "My Mother's Elder Horse Walker Blueness Cavort. Crabapple? Disturb!"
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, its no surprise Omega's never heard of "Break a leg" before, but I'm surprised at Liam not.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

'Twas a joke, Jeff.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm just worried about what you and Grace are planning on doing to that Grand Piano.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this going to be one of those propaganda films where you play distorted caricatures of people, so you have to portray the Darwinist as some wild-eyed crazed Satan-worshipper?

Man, I oughtta be there to film a scene for you guys... "You've heard Mr. Speer... and now, for the Democratic response..."

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff: Everyone knows what "break a leg" means. It was the fact that we all knew the double-meaning you were giving it when you used it on Omega.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

TSN, honestly, I'm not PsyLiam, I'm not capable of subtelty ... I'd say "Play with Grace on the piano and break your skull in fifty pieces when you fall off!"

So, instead, I said "Break a leg!" and people jumped on me. Chill out folks!

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any musical numbers? (I mean, if nthere is a Grand Piano...)

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Advice? If at any moment you feel like shouting out how Darwin is actually a liar and you want to recite the entire book of Genesis, Dont!
Omega
Member # 91

Is this going to be one of those propaganda films where you play distorted caricatures of people, so you have to portray the Darwinist as some wild-eyed crazed Satan-worshipper?

No idea. If it is, I won't do it. 'T'would be intellectually dishonest.

Any musical numbers?

If there are, I hope they give me some advance warning so I can work up whatever song they need me to play. Any suggestions for good evolutionist songs? "If I Only Had a Brain," perhaps?

KIDDING! Don't smite me.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps