Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Irony of ironies... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Irony of ironies...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since "Opposable Thumbs get funky" has yet to be written, I suggest you use the Grease Megamix. Because.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
'T'would be intellectually dishonest.

Heh-heh. Hee-hee.

(KIBO was here)

No, I won't say it.

Um.. this song might be appropriate,, for your convenience, I recreate it in its entirety:

ARTIST: Monty Python
TITLE: All Things Dull and Ugly

All things dull and ugly, all creatures short and squat
All things rude and nasty, the Lord God made the lot

Each little snake that poisons, each little wasp that stings
He made their brutish venom, He made their horrid wings

All things sick and cancerous, all evil great and small
All things foul and dangerous, the Lord God made them all

Each nasty little hornet, each beastly little squid
Who made the spiky urchin? Who made the shark? He did!

All things scabbed and ulcerous, all pox both great and small
Putrid, foul and gangrenous, The Lord God made them all...

A-men...

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: First of Two ]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, though, you should email or mail me the script. I could read through your part and edit out all the factual errors, inaccuracies, and things that a 'Darwinist' (by which I assume they mean 'a person who understands evolution') wouldn't actualy say... cause I'll bet money that the playwright is biased.

'Course, I'd also suspect that if you told anybody you were actually doing that, they suddenly would cast someone else in the part.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Script? What script?

Remember, this is TOMORROW, and I have NO IDEA what they expect me to do.

BTW, read "Darwin's Black Box". Good book.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I just got a call telling me to show up tomorrow in my best "Survivor" clothes. Guess that means I'm a social Darwinist, huh?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Survivor" clothes? I recommend going as Richard Hatch...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh goody, social darwinism. There's a current issue. Good job! Maybe you can dress up as a phrenologist too and disprove the existance of neurosurgery.
Omega
Member # 91

Well, that was fun. I got to act arrogant and condescending. "So, see, all the amino acids in the soup mixed together-- you do know what amino acids are, right? Well, they all mixed together, and formed a protein..."

"I may not be the most popular guy here, unlike God-boy over there..."

"Go Darwin!"

Fun stuff.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, I guess whoever played the "Priest" got to be arrogant and condescending too!

"Why do people die?" "It's God's will."

"Why do bad things happen?" "It's God's will."

"Why doesn't God stop bad things from happening?" "Because God knows better then we stupid humans."

"Is God mean?" "God loves us. That's why He lets bad things happen to us."

"Is God a boy or a girl?" "He's a boy because everyone whose read the bible knows that little girls are trouble-makers and like to eat apples."

"Why does it rain?" "Oh, because God's peeing."

"Does God have a sense of humor?" "Yes, and his name is Omega."

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this thread is incredibly useful. Everyone will be nice to each other starting...now.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, Simon, you're being so helpful as a moderator. May I ask if thats a new perfume you're wearing?

*nice enough ... ?*

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

Um... did I mention that "arrogant" and "condesending" were in the character description?

How many times do you have to be told, Jeff? Get a frelling sense of humor, because it'd be a lot more pleasant around here if you did.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As if you have one.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

You didn't mention it was the character description, Omega. And to be honest, you're always arrogant and condescending.

And you're not one to be talking about humerous ... the "Because God's peeing" was comedic genius. Get a sense o' humor, o' one of puny form and big ego.

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Comedic genius? That joke is from, like, first grade...

So, Omega, you didn't really tell us how Propaganda Theatre went over. Think you'll warp many minds?

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: TSN ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps