Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My new toy (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My new toy
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you know from my "Ouch" topic I crashed my 1990 Nissan 240SX. I really liked that car, but now I have another. Which I'm proud to present:

My 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer ES. 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder engine, 5-speed manual transmission, 120 horse power. I've always wanted my own new car that no one else has owned, so new it only had 27 miles on it after my test drive.

The engine is the same as the 02-03 Lancers which means there is plenty of modifications available that can increase it's power. I really wanted a yellow Lancer Ralliart with 160 hp but unfortunately it was little outside my price range.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A five-speed manual! You're on The Path to automotive enlightenment, Navy Boy. B)
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 1991 Mitsubishi Colt. An older brother of your car. Which is nice.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, manual is definitely the way to go. Not looking forward to having to drive an automatic when I visit the States, but we found it completely impossible to hire a Mustang convertible with a manual gearbox. 8(

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like the new grill on the '04 Lancer, the '02 - '03 front end was much cleaner and nice.

They're both nothing compared to a balls out Lancer Evolution. 280hp bitches.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my neverending quest for a new car, I've actually contemplated the Mitsubishi Lancer... it's on my "To be test-driven" list, so as soon as the weather gets better, the car dealerships will get to know me again [Wink]

Does it feel big though? Probably does, compared to the 240sx you were used to, but I just don't know if the car will be big enough for me... I kinda want something like a Accord or Mazda6 in size....

We'll see....

Yay for you though! New cars are the best! Let me know when you're ready to put a stereo in [Wink]

~LOA

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
I kinda want something like a Accord or Mazda6 in size....

mmmmm, I'd love a nice Mazda 6 Hatchback...with some Mazdaspeed bits and pieces thrown in.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee,

After you've been driving in the States for about, I don't know, five minutes, you'll find it rather hard to believe that other countries are stupid enough to rent cars to Americans when we come to invade ...

... I mean, visit.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lancer definately feels bigger than my old 240SX. Especially on turns, my 240SX was shorter and closer to the road so I was hugging corners at high speed. On my Lancer I have to go slower, I think I took turns as fast like in my 240 it would tip. Maybe if I lowered it and improved the suspension. Otherwise it drives great, a little sluggish with only 120hp though.

As for the 02-03 Lancer, I don't like the grill. There's bodykits available though. But the thin silver thing looks like a thong on the grill. I actually went into the dealership with the intention of getting a yellow 03 Lancer OZ Rally. But there weren't any available. And as for the Evo VIII, well $30,000 it bit out of my price range.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
And as for the Evo VIII, well $30,000 it bit out of my price range.

One can dream...

--------------------

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna be learning how to drive a stick soon.

--------------------
life creation in progress

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*learned how to drive a stick on the day she bought her current car* Now THAT is something I don't recommend for everyone.... what a day...... *shakes head* When I tried to drive it off the lot, it took me like 6 tries to get it... every guy working there had come outside to watch..... that was the begging of the longest drive home of my life [Razz]

Then, I had a friend at my house waiting for me, and he spent the rest of the day driving around with me, almost 150 milea, lurching all the way.... the next morning we both woke up feeling like we had whiplash [Wink]

The moral of the story: Good luck, Tora! [Big Grin]

~LOA

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to buy a new car this June.
It's a BMW 330 Cd Coupe with a six-cylinder 205hp Diesel engine. (with 6-speed manual transmission)

Now some may laugh at the idea of driving a Diesel, especially when it's a Coupe, but no other car in that price range can match the performance and "fun-to-drive" feeling IMHO. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, once you drive a diesel you may never go back. Especially going uphill, there's one hill near us that every car I've ever been up it in has struggled to do sixty. And looking around us it's plain that most other cars are struggling too. Yet our 2 litre TDI just happily thunders up there at 70.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am currently driving a 2 litre TDI and have been doing so for seven years. The engine is fantastic and the fuel consumption is unbelievably low.

And the BMW I have been talking about can do everything my current TDI can - only even better...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps