Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My new toy (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My new toy
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no. No. No way. No.

Should I say it again? Big Fat No.

No Sony Xplod... None. Trust me, no.

You're MUCH better off with a Kenwood (prefer Excelon) or a Pioneer Premier. Trust me. I've had Sony Xplod products in the past, and unfortunately they are aptly named. They explode. Fizzle. Burn. Fry. Whatever... it's no good.

Now... I looked up the deck at Bestbuy.com. They want $299.00 for it.... are you willing to pay that amount? Because if you are, then here's what you need to do.....

Don't shop at Best Buy.

Go elsewhere.

You're in San Diego, right? Hello!!! CALIFORNIA!!!! Car Stereo MECCA! Shop around at the local car audio dealers.... you said you're into looks mostly? Find a dealer that sells Alpine or high-end Kenwood (Excelon, baby...!) and experience the difference. Even high end pioneer or an Eclipse deck will make you happy. A couple of decks to pay special attention to:

Alpine:
CDA 9807 - $279.99
CDA9811 - $329.99 (this deck is the lower end of my deck - CDA9815 - ..... VERY enjoyable....)

Pioneer Premier:
DEHP650 - $299.99
DEHP750MP - $369.99

Eclipse:
CD5423 - $299.99

And any Kenwood Excelon deck that has a display that makes you happy.... :-)

Pay attention also to this: Do you want Satellite radio? In my world, it's a must. If you do, get a satellite ready deck, or you'll be shelling out big bucks later on.

Let me know if you need more help... I'll repond quicker this time... promise....

And please... don't buy the Sony.... just dont...................

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing that always puzzles me - car stereo fanatics aside: why do you tune your cars, to get more horsepower etc. in a country with a 70mph speed limit? [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's a legal limit, not a physical one...

And, on the other note, anyone who buys a stereo for looks has something improperly wired in their brain.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So we can reach the speed limit quicker, of course.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
cool looking ones like a deer in Jeff's jeep headlights.
Speaking of which, I almost hit one Friday night in my Celica, but I honked and he ran away.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh right, the speed limit. I always like to think of those as more of a recommendation than anything.

Okay, so what you're saying is no Xplod. Well it's not like I'm getting this tomorrow or anything. First I'm going to get the GReddy exhaust. Then I'll save up for a deck and speakers. The one thing I definately will need it to do is play CDs with music in MP3 format. And kind of blend in with the silver interior of my car.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I just bought a 2004 Toyota Corolla S in a nice burgandy color. I think I like this car the best from the others I had... that and the gas milage and compactness it has. It's fun to drive.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a bit worried when I see a thread titled "my new toy" and the name next to is says: Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge

[Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm rather more worried by the thought of a man driving a burgundy colored car... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing wrong with burgundy. Now pink, that's real cause for concern. B)
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I thought that burgundy is a garish color for a gay boy to be driving around in, espeically with the fact that LAPD likes to pull over red cars near my campus. But it's growing on me.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new Honda Accord coupe in red is really HOT. And this is coming from someone who doesn't usually ogle over cars.

--------------------
life creation in progress

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps