Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My new toy (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My new toy
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"One can dream..."

And one can work!

"Now some may laugh at the idea of driving a Diesel, especially when it's a Coupe..."

Well, ten years ago I would have. Long and hard. But since the current generation diesels at long last produce both tolerable amounts of torque AND tolerable amounts of horsepower, I'll refrain from degrading your car too much. B)

(You don't want to know what I drive, BTW. But I will say that it is French.)

[ January 28, 2004, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
French? Then I definitely don't want to know! [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
(You don't want to know what I drive, BTW. But I will say that it is French.)

"Le Cartman"

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diesel engines are great because they have gobs and gobs of torque. That's why they are used so much for trucks.

However diesels are rare in America. Jeep will be introducing a diesel Liberty next year, and Mercedes-Benz will follow with it's E320CDi.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, one of the reasons why Diesels are becoming even more popular in Germany now than they already used to be is not only the immense torque, but also the extremely great fuel-efficiency. Something that doesn't seem to matter all that much in the US, but you should see our prices at the gas stations - it would make your eyes pop out!

--------------------

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Along with the rest of your cranial entrails.

I don't let the prices stop me, of course. The Cartmobile must guzzle on! B)

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Which prices are you talking about?
You live in the US, don't you?

--------------------

Cartman
Member # 256

"You live in the US, don't you?"

I have killed for less, Mystery Boy. B)

So, erh, no, I do not. I'm a Yuroppy in heart and, uh, mind. Or something.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diesels are certainly a nice fuel alternative since you get better mileage and diesel prices are a lot lower in the US. So instead of having to go for one of those hybrids which lack a lot of power, you get the torque of a diesel with fuel efficency nearly the same.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gas here is $1.65 a gallon for regular unleaded, and that's on the Navy base. Out in town it's about $1.85.

My Lancer is still stock, that'll quickly change. Right now I'm tight on money, so I've only bought a couple accessory dress-up items. Ralliart is Mitsubishi's after-market company so I'm getting some of their stuff. Nothing major, seatbelt pads, an oil cap, radiator cap, and chrome license plate frame. I also bought a Momo Combat shift knob (leather/silver) and plan to buy a Momo Fighter steering wheel. As you can tell, I'm going with a black/silver interior scheme. Engine performance will include an Injen cold-air intake and GReddy exhaust.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm...........

And what about the stereo?

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

@Cartman: So where do you live? I went by the location you give in your profile - I only read "Colorado", so I didn't see the Southpark joke at first.

--------------------

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well LOA I've never been big on car audio as much as performance. I've considered getting a new deck, something capable of playing MP3s, as for speakers the stock ones are fine for right now.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*blink* I see.

Hmm. *contemplates* Weird.

Well, let me know before you buy a deck.... we'll make sure you get a good one AND don't get ripped off......! *hint* Never pay full price..... [Razz]

~LOA

Hobbes
Member # 138

So I went to Best Buy looking at decks and speakers. I'm not expert on the subject of car audio, I buy a deck because it looks cool. The salesgirl recommended Kenwood or Pioneer over Sony. As I said though, I tend to be drawn to cool looking ones like a deer in Jeff's jeep headlights. I think this is the one I want (or looks just like it) Sony Xplod CDX-M800. As for speakers, they recommened Rockford Fosgate FRC4306.

I installed my Injen cold air intake to increase horsepower. Next comes a GReddy Evo exhaust system for even more power.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps