Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Cats Doing The Cat Thing (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cats Doing The Cat Thing
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, here I'm sitting at my desk, working on a program for a class I'm taking in Basic.

It's all well and good.

I get my book out, put it on the desk, open it, and prepare to use the listed examples to complete my work.

Then my cat, Billie, comes in and decides she can help me by SITTING on the book.

-  -

Cats being who they are, I guess I'll just have to wait until she moves before I can continue. [Smile]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, whadda cute liddle puddycat.

My furball started doing Jedi-moves against my mouse-pointer when I was writing.

They have a sixth sense for finding out where your concentration is aimed at any given moment, so they can go there and usurp it.
When I visit my mother, Theo always goes and sits on Mother's newspaper in the morning, just parks his ass fine and dandy, tail-tip over paws and all.
"Oh I'm sorry did I break your concentration?!"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I guess I'll just have to wait until she moves..."

Or until she starts devouring the book. B)

[ April 18, 2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Cartman ]

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is it with cats that they have to chew on things to figure out what they are? A few weeks ago, we found a few paper shreds on the floor in the dining room, where one of our cats chewed on the nearly brand-new wallpaper!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but it tasted good....

My cats ate my ear plugs and died....

The dog did too, but it seems to have a higher constitution.... Damn....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Cats being who they are, I guess I'll just have to wait until she moves before I can continue."

Or just push it the hell over.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or just pick, er, the hell up the book.

When did everyone here turn into 30-something single women, going on about the oh-so-cute antics of their pet cat? Eh? Answer me!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sound just like my first husband.
Oh, Irving, if only he had looked on the bright side of life.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, assuming I really WANTED to work on this program in the first place...

AND...

AND, you leave my cat alone Mr. Cruel TSN!!

And you too Mr. Mean Liam!!

I fear I shall soon be forced to give you both a good talking too!

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Nim
Member # 205

I have four hours left to write an independent report on "Crime and punishment" and I'm stuck here reminiscing about old flames. Mercy.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had rain for about a week out here ... anyway, Friday afternoon I didn't completely close the blinds in my bedroom, so Saturday AM, the two cats pushed open the door to my bedroom, and jumped onto the window ledge so they could bask in the sunlight.

Well, the problem is my bed is length-wise against the window, so the cats pushed open the door, jumped onto the base of the bed, ran over ME, then used ME as a springboard to jump onto the ledge. And they're both not declawed. So, um, "OW!" It was a very sharp awakening. [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thinking you now have the point to block the door better.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That cat looks surprisingly like our family's cat.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All cats looks the same. Like ugly balls of shit.

Lord God almighty, I hate cats. With their tails and eating and everything else.

Also, The View is on, why don't you take a break from studying? Oh, Liam touched that one.

Uh, why don't YOU EAT THE CAT?

That's new ground.

Amerigo ain't got nothing on this flag in the sand.

Nim
Member # 205

You should have a theme-song. Something with trumpets.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps