Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Asian Import DVDs, Question (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Asian Import DVDs, Question
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I was trying to make a craftily concealed point about imported DVDs. I failed. Here, open my wrists.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got it. It took a second look. Funny.

No, but it really depends from title to title. Some are Region 0, and those are likely not legit. OTOH, these tend to be a LOT cheaper and occasionally some of them are of excellent quality. But go poke around the internet and you might find one or two sites dedicated to reviewing such things. One. Or two.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, you'd be buying illegal stuff. And possibly financing the Chinese mafia, or puppy killers, or Charles...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Charles was a puppy-killing member of the Chinese Mafia.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only by day. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's Catwoman by night.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's funny, in a japanese Yakuza-movie I saw last year on the Stockholm Movie Festival, a yakuza agent flipped out, became convinced that a bystander's puppy was employed by the Triad to spy on them and proceeded to beat it to death.

It was a very surreal movie.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
STOCKHOLM MOVIE FESTIVAL!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you do anything apart from write vaguely related comments all in capitals?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to the best of my knowledge, no.
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, ah, what else did you see in Stockholm, he asked him knowly...

wink, wink, you know what I mean...

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blond hookers? Oh I'm afraid they're illegal nowadays. People simply didn't get any work done.

But in last November's SMF there was "Kill Bill".
France, Germany and Japan (aforementioned) provided some really sick shit. Right up my alley. Meow.

Got word from my hermano in Siam, he hadn't caught the uncut "Kill Bill" DVD yet but he did see tiger cubs. Big, phluphy paws.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phluphy? Or floughy?
Nim
Member # 205

I don't know about that (you're way smarter than me sir) but they did seem to appreciate the ghoti.
Brother said they meow-roared when seeing it brought in, like only cubs can do.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I took a gamble, and won off eBay an import set of TNG season one. It arrived today, and I threw in one of the discs. The quality looks very good, and the menu looks (pretty much) identical to my season 7 TNG set. I'm betting on a rip, but the quality is good, there are no Asian subtitles on the screen. My only complaint is all the DVDs have an individual plastic baggy, and not any sort of storage system like with any other DVD box set you can buy ...

... anyway, for $20, it's worth it, and a lot cheaper then buying the R1 version.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps