Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Chronicles of Riddick (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Chronicles of Riddick
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck spelling amyway. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, no, but what topic? Oh. Yeah.

No the movie was bad, but not nearly so terrible as I had been lead to believe. It seemed like there was a very interesting story in there somewhere, but you'd have to dig. The production design was super-awesome. The good thing about having Thandie Newton in the movie is that, by comparison, the other performers seemed amazing. And Judi Dench is like providing some sharp contrast. VD was hit and miss, but looked and moved great at all times. I felt there were story and pacing problems throughout, and a lot of the dialogue and naming was... horrible. But I did enjoy the action, the setting redeemed most of my criticism, and I even kind of got into one sub-plot sort of in spite of myself. I'd give it a C+ (maybe B-) for action-sci-fi fare with 'The Fifth Element' holding an A. Someone ought to start a spoiler thread in GenSci-Fi so we can discuss specifics. But not me.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'd give it a C+ (maybe B-) for action-sci-fi fare with 'The Fifth Element' holding an A.
Someone should publish a collection of good story ideas for sci-fi.
...and then beat you to death with it for thinking that pretty music video was a "A movie".

Man, Archie comic books have more story.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ultra Starfruit: "Wonderful smiley aside, despite thoughts to the contrary, say the big Mnificient me is ladyless, and will not meet these performers of mechanical monkey sex with embellished moans, the sandwhich proves no mre uncomfortable than a nice, cable-knit sweater."

That may be so, but I was pissing on Jason's lawn, not yours. Are you so starved for e-friction that you start taking shit meant for others???
Are you trying to be the Second Coming? If so, I have some nice martyr-blankets to sell you.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason: "Fuck spelling amyway. *sborf*"

Yeah, he may have many shows under his belt, but Ted Turner he ain't.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
e-friction!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Nim the Fanciful:
That may be so, but I was pissing on Jason's lawn, not yours.

I live in Fort Lauderdale: someone was bound to do it after the clubs closed anyway.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
??exactly?? I was going for the French sound.

The French wouldn't have put "an" in front of it though.

And "??exactly??" What on earth are you going for there, eh?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The French wouldn't have put 'an' in front of it though."

They would if they were saying the sentence in English, other than that one word.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't want the fucking 'n'? HERE! Take IT!

*chuck's the 'n'*

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmm. . . nnn. . . ohhhhhh. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I grow weary of this... another random posting of hot women.

-

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was 'she' born a 'he'? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
Member # 205

Is that a Babsie-PPG? *proomp-proomp-proomp*
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call it "Babsie" again, and I will kill you.

And, erh, Michael, it's not that I have any objections to the images you post, but... "hot women"?

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps