Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Mr. Scott's Guide scans needed (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Mr. Scott's Guide scans needed
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still use checks to pay all my bills (because I'm a neanderthal). I have my checking account at a Credit Union and it does gain interest, but only a tiny bit. I only make a few bucks every months. When I set up the account, it came with a debit card that also acts as my ATM card. I could use it to pay for purchases, but I never have.
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oddly enough, the "card for purchases over the Internet" (that's what it's called, literally) for some reason is treated as a savings account when making any operations at the bank, even though technically it is not (no interests gained and now a monthly charge).
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they really not having debit cards in Canada?

It must be because it is hard to get the ATMs wired on the ice floes!!!

I don't have a debit card or a checking account, and only use cash.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WE ARE REALLY NOT HAVING DEBIT CARDS IN CANADA!

Believe it.

Or not.

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Do they really not having debit cards in Canada?"
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK... I lied. I don't have Mr. Scott's Guide. I have the Starfleet Technical Manual.

Don't be mad. At least I finally remembered to look. It's the thought, you know.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JC Ultra Magnus:
WE ARE REALLY NOT HAVING DEBIT CARDS IN CANADA!

Is this one of those "All your base are belong to us" things?

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:

This is strange and unusual behaviour.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Weird, so what do you do when you get a paycheque?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't everyone who isn't 50 just get their wages paid directly into their account, nowadays?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I don't. I work at the provincial museum and because I'm not on contract or in the union or anything I get a cheque that I deposit to my account. And yes we do have debit cards in Canada. I hardly use anything else.
machf
Member # 1233

quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
quote:

Go cash it at the bank, like anyone would?
machf
Member # 1233

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Doesn't everyone who isn't 50 just get their wages paid directly into their account, nowadays?

My mother is over 60 and she does. Of course, it's me who has to go to the ATM because she can't/won't learn how to use it yet.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by machf:
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:

Go cash it at the bank, like anyone would?
"Anyone" would get it paid straight into their bank account, unless they liked queuing at a bank once a week for no logical reason.

quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
And yes we do have debit cards in Canada. I hardly use anything else.

So you're saying that all the other Canadians in this thread are either

a/ liars, or
b/ idiots.

--------------------

Member # 239

I totally was making fun of Simon.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps