Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I've Been In The Hospital (Page 7)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: I've Been In The Hospital
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"...and the whole "gremlin on the wing of the plane" thing."
The same thing happened to ME!
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You were on the wing of a plane?

Why?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because they don't let you smoke inside the plane anymore.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update:

On Tuesday, 17 January 2006 I had my latest MRI. On Friday my neurosurgeon pointed at the films at a dark area in my brain that was surrounded by white matter. He said something like, 'that looks very angry.'

Not what I wanted to hear.

Apparently, the white matter is more tumor.

So, they want to pop the top again and scrape this bit of tumor out before I start a course of chemotherapy and radiation.

I am looking at more surgery to my brain sometime at the start of next week. Approximately on the 30th or so.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As opposed to last time when I had no idea it was coming and basically woke up to discover I had just had brain surgery, this is quite different.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh holy crap!
Sorry to here this mate, best wishes from all of us!

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Update II:

The pathology on the first tumor indicated that it wasn't a Grade II as I had indicated.

In that the tumor apparently had elements of both, the doctors think it was a Grade III or Anaplastic Astrocytoma changing into a Grade IV or Glioblastoma Multiforme.

A Glioblastoma Multiforme is the worst of the four grades.

Tumor Types

quote:
Characteristics

� Grows faster and more aggressively than grade II astrocytomas
� Tumor cells are not uniform in appearance
� Invades neighboring tissue
� Common among men and women in their 30s-50s
� More common in men than women
� Accounts for four percent of all brain tumors

As a result, they intend treatment to be along the lines of what would be done it the tumor had been wholly a Grade IV.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay, liker of Jazz, I am SOOOOO sorry that you are going through this.

That's just awful.

Try not to stress about it (yeah right), as stress will just make things worse.

And know that we're all rooting for you.

~Liz

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck, Jay. We're all pulling for you.
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So, they want to pop the top again
This quote creates all sort of inappropriately funny mental imagery.

We'll be thinking of you, Jay.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Well, I wrote it to evoke a humorous image. Without some humor about this whole thing, I'd go over the edge.

Anyway, the surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, 1 February 2006.

And thanks to you all for the kind thoughts.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...fuck.

This has got to be rough for you and yours.

Man, there's literally nothing we can do on this one, but hope (and pray) for your safe and quick recovery.
yeah, I said "pray". No lightening yet, but I've got the surge protector on anyway.

Humor is a biiig thing in these "hospital scenes"- good to see you still have yours through all this.

Hmmmm...you have untill the 31st to eat whatever you'd like and likely get as much sex as you can handle: being sick is a drag, but you should milk it for all it's worth. [Wink]

Hmmmmm....how long will you be in the hospital this time?
Not too long I hope- we'll be on pins and needles hoping you're allright.
Mabye leave some contact info with someone here?

(pictures all of us showing up at the hospital dressed as the Grim Reaper as a gag)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's great that they are so thorough with your treatment. Here's hoping you get well soon - or better than you are. You are young guy so that will help! All the best though, Jay.

"Pop the top" I'm picturing Data when he pops the top of his scalp so Geordi can access his neural net [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see a Photoshop image in the making.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

I was also wondering if they could install some new skill sets in a Matrix like manner.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps