Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I've Been In The Hospital (Page 9)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: I've Been In The Hospital
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Flare be with you.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better be a bloody big operating theatre, then.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Jay mention anything as to how long he was supposed to be in the hospital this time?
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't appear so. I doubt that arranging someone to let the internet know his status was a priority thing. We'll find out soon enough...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope Jay's doing allright.
I just got discharged from three days "In" myself- Hospital time is slow time indeed.

What's more, I find that residents have no real understanding of what "pain" is.
As soon as I got there, I was given a biopsy (from the wound on my leg) and then told that my painkillers (Percocet and Oxycontin) were "on the way up from Pharmacy".

That took over two pain-hiled hours of twitching anf wishing I'd had the foresight to bring my own meds as a "just in case".

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I learned very quickly to not put up with any shit, from doctors or nurses. My mom was there as my advocate for when I was incapacitated.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm doing fine.

Just back today. Had the surgery on Wednesday afternoon...and back from the hospital to rest in my own bed today, Friday afternoon.

Again, thanks for the thoughts and concerns.

I am actually feeling ok.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi mate,

That's great to hear.

And remember, whenever you need amusement, there is always someone, doing something stupid, somewhere. Mock them.

[Roll Eyes]

http://www.themoderatevoice.com/files/joe-curry.jpg

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you're good, dude.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah -- Caine was fine after the facehugger disappeared and look what happened to him!

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you're allright, Jay!
So...a test:

Republicans are:
A) your political choice for all major decisions
B) concerned elected officials with the public's best intrests at heart
C) a bunch of total fucktards

Just to make sure you're okay, you understand. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duh, Republicans are the bulwark protecting our country against terrorism and tyranny.

Or the current group is there to protect our country against competent implementation of government policy and planning.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

D) Viable targets...

--Jonah

--------------------

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay communists - hey comrade, hey???

The point being, he's not sure how long he was out and who to trust - just give him time.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jay,

Great to hear that you are out and feeling ok. Keep doing that.

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps