Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 32)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Intents and purposes" for thy edification. Superdidact Away!

I want a Taurus PT111 Millenium or something equally itty bitty. Also a Desert Eagle to show to the ladies *waggles eyebrows* No, seriously, for home defense just something that doesn't jam and holds a lot of rounds. The Taurus is for wearing in public BP

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:

A Walther PPK would be nice. I don't think they produce those anymore though.

Check out the Bersa Thunder. It has a similar styling, is fairly sleek and reliable. Also if you have large hands it has a nub on the back to protect the web between your thumb and first finger from getting jacked by the slide.

Bersa Thunder .380

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's nice. Although, for concealed carry, I'd probably prefer the Glock 26.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to have a Mauser C96 and dress it up to look like Han Solo's blaster. It was an actual Mauser that was modified by the FX department for Harrison Ford to use. The stormtrooper rifle was an Sterling SMG I believe. and the heavy blaster chewie had in the detention centre of the death star was an MG34.

I'd love to own all three of those, fully functional of course, so I can go Star Wars on your ass. [Razz]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you get the thigh holster too?

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Da_Bang, you are correct. I also believe that the rifle used by the Rebels on Hoth and elsewhere is a modified Stg.44.

The C96 is a nice looking gun though. Accurate too. I think they made a full auto version in many calibres, the .45 cal one ending up in the hands of chinese nationals during the 20's and 30's.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were ever to own a military weapon, like I dunno, if I were going to move to Cameroon or something, I'd want a FN P90. I like that it ejects cartridges downward, and the 900 round-per-minute firing rate, 50-round magazine, and 716m/s muzzle velocity is pretty nice too ;P This is the gun that SG teams use, isn't it?
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Yeah, that, paired with a Five seveN would be nice. At least they use the same ammo. 5.7mm, the size of a pistol round with the power of an assault rifle round. I think they used the Five seveN on SG and BSG, no?

--------------------

-George Carlin

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They used it on BSG for a while with the silencer to make it look more "future-y"

P90's are cool, but if I had to choose, I'd rather have a UMP or HK-416 anyday (with a USP.45 of course).

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo sues McDonald's
quote:
"This New Wave Nigel doll that they've created is just a complete Devo rip-off and the red hat is exactly the red hat that I designed, and it's copyrighted and trademarked.

"They didn't ask us anything. Plus, we don't like McDonald's, and we don't like American Idol, so we're doubly offended."

That's just too funny!
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Like any 5 year old kid will look at that rainbow coloured piece of crap and associate it with a band that they have never heard of. Really...

--------------------

-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
I'll take an Automag V, Berrett M82A1, Calico M960, Sturmgewehr Stg. 44, and to top it all off a Jackhammer Mk3A1 fully automatic 12 gauge combat shotgun.

Oooh, gets me all frisky inside.

A police friend of mine in MIami has a Calico- fires .22 "Magnum" load that hit like .38.
Scary how easy that thing is to fire, but hardly possible t conceal without a trenchcoat (which in Miami's heat screams "I've got a gun!".

The thing that really bugs me is the total lack of regulation of gun shows: most will sell perfectly legal kits that convery semi-auto to full auto and (at least here in the south) are a magnet for hate groups, paranoid nuts and "personel sales" (also legal) of firearms between people which require no 3-day waiting period.
Lotta gun dealers selling that way: no rules or oversight.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I work at McD's unfortunately. The toys *suck.* However, I don't recall this toy...perhaps it's not ready for distribution yet? We're still on the stupid panda-things from some kids movie.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burger King gets all the cool toys- I heard they had some Iron Man stuff but when I went it was all Indy 4 stuff.

McD's sucks- they gave me food posioning a few years back and I prayed for death to make it stop.
I've never been back- never will.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

Heh try working there (I think Dan can agree on that).

I'll just let you guys in on a little tip; don't drink the OJ.

--------------------

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps