Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 60)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or he's strong in the Force...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dude ain't got nothing on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulovic
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
o.O dude, where you been hiding, Cartman? (we missed you)

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Moog synthesizer]I have always been here[/Moog synthesizer]
Teh PW
Member # 1203

Oh Fuck. That bombing and Mass murder in Norway o.O all i can say? it was a easy target, probably, in anti-terror terms :/ that and prayers to those maybe affected...

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crazy- looks like a domestic attack, not international in nature just now.

Still, this does not look like a one-man operation.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I and most people I know have friends in Norway. First time I got news about this, I thought "please don't let it be Al-Qaeda, let it be nazis or something", well, I got my damn wish, and it didn't make me happier.
It's only one guy, a former freemason and "wannabe" templar knight. Some survivor statements point to a second gunman but no conclusive evidence has been found yet.

This guy had apparently planned this for nine years, according to the diary they found, and from his manifesto. He's ultra rightwing, has a deep-seated hatred for leftwing sympathizers and immigrants, especially muslims. So he sets off a homemade fertilizer-bomb in the government district of Oslo as a diversion, hoping to kill as many federal "turncoats" as possible, then he races out to the island and starts his very well-stocked killing spree, at Norway's pan-european summer camp for youth oriented politics and awareness. He uses an assault rifle with expanding bullets, must've had plenty of ammunition. Shoots over 80 kids aged 12-17, little boys and little girls, most of them in the back or lying on the ground. He also picked them off from the beach as they swam off the island, and drowned from the cold.

Apparently he took steroids and other performance enhancers before the big show, to give himself perfect performance. Dresses up as a police officer to lure in as many kids as possible into close range, with claimed news of the city bombing. Survivors say he was laughing and howling with triumphant glee during the 90 minute slaughter. Then he gives himself up to the police, no attempt at suicide. No hint of psychosis or derangement.

The first picture I saw of him showed a tanned and fit man with a smug, shit-eating grin, in a polo shirt with frigging popped collar. Any other day I would've laughed at that face, that air of entitlement, vanity and superiority. He refers to the entire project as "necessary", during interrogations, and looks forward to explain his actions and state his case in court next week.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't you be grinning like that if you'd just fulfilled what you think of as your life's work, knowing that no one can undo what you've done, and you're just going to be sent to a resort for the rest of your life? (Not that you would do what that... individual... has done.) There's a lot of stuff wrong with the US penal system, but somehow I think European justice has gone a little too soft for situations like this. (Spoken as a true American outsider, I know...)

Sometimes I think we need inhuman punishments for inhuman people. We just have to be really careful who gets them. (And of course, therein lies the problem.)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Teh PW
Member # 1203

hope for murder. hope someone else in the prison yard does vengence. you will never, EVER get justice from crimes like this but... you can always hope for vengence... at first i thought AQ because of the target (and the ease of the strike, that city location was ultra soft. perfect for terrorists looking for sheep)... but a blond/blue eyed freak? *shrug*

you know MM says we need inhuman punishment for the inhuman? why cant we just claim a island? and just make a bloodbath island? like Battle Royale?

i'm sure there's a pay-per-view market for this... not that I would watch... x.X

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best punishment for this monster is to inprison him forever and dedicate every event celebrating diversity, every immigrant welcome and new mosque built in the country to this guy- slap his name on everything he hates and let him fume and rage from his cell, knowing that his actions will not lead to the big anti muslim crusade he'd always hoped for- that they had the opposite effect.

His "message" should not be televised or otherwise distributed in any way- he should be silenced- his trial should not be televised not his exact words (and he'll doubtlessly want to give a speech and interviews)should not be reported.

Fuck this guy- if they wont kill him outright, he should never see sunlight not speak with another person again.

I'm not a big advocate of the death penalty but when a person kills so many innocents, I dont see a prison sentence as adequate punishment.

After all, what is Justice if it's not based on a balancing of scales?

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kind of like the approach taken in one of the Foundation novels. (I don't remember if it was one of the NEW ones or Asimov's originals).

In the novel there was an incident of terrorism and Hari Seldon's idea was to not publish the name of the culprit, just apply the nomenclature of "Idiot #1". That way there was no immediate fame for him, no case of his name going down in history, just judgement. While I am an absolute advocate of the 50-cent solution, the notoriety that these individuals get from their crimes only goes to encourage others looking to make their sick mark on the world. Not only should their lives be forfeit for such heinous acts, their names should be scratched out from existence.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn Beck compares the Norwegian kids' camp to the Hitler Youth.

I try not to be surprised at the shit that asshole spews, and yet somehow, he finds a way.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Teh PW
Member # 1203

ok... who the fuck buys time on his show? or willing to? conmpany's that dont worry about grief from customsters (because they are the only providers of said product?)

o.O

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday I saw a pick up truck with a giant US flag on one side, and a Trump flag on the other. And all I could think was, "Remember those photos of pick up trucks with ISIS flags in the back?" I guess Trump extremists and Muslim extremists have one thing in common... I suppose it's fitting that Trump followers are doing what other terrorists did in the past.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprised they used the flag of the USA. You would expect someone like that to be more of a CSA fan.
  This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps