Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Good Games for the PC (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Good Games for the PC
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to stay current in terms of video games. Also the new graphics card I got is on the fritz so I'm stuck with with my old one which can't play high poly games.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wait until the DX10 cards come out. Maybe spring for a PhysX card and then we'll see what PC gaming graphics can really do.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please see my sig. But then again, you will need a decent graphics card for that.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freespace, I remember that from back then with the lewinsky scandal and everything. :.)
I preferred it when you were still fighting in mines, though.

Best flight sim for me was "Wing Commander IV", mostly because the extensive cutscene base of the game made it feel like watching and interacting in a real movie, with great music, passable actors and solid drama. McDowell, Hamill, Rhys-Davies, that asian guy from "Dharma Initiative", Biff from Back to the future. Good times.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FS2 beam weapons are still the fucking coolest thing since Elite.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Half Life 2 - One of, if not the best PC game ever. (I personally can't wait for Episode 2, mostly because it's going to be bundled with Portal, which looks like allot of fun.)

Deus Ex is a good one, interesting plot, good mix of FPS & RPG. It's a bit old now so it should be easy to find it in the bargin bin.

You can get the Metal Gear Solid games for the PC I think, though those are probably best played on the Playstation than the PC.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deus Ex was a gread game. Especially being able to pick and choose your biomods. Plus being able to customize your gun. Invisible War was ok, but they leeched some of the fun out of the game by forcing you to choose between one good mod and another. Plus the fact that it didn't run very well on my computer even though it's a little on the dated side.

Of course you should definately get The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The vanilla version is not bad, but after you download a few mods (there's literally thousands at TESSource.net) You can have a total blast.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well all those games sound good, but I'm still having graphics card troubles.
Da_bang80
Member # 528

Hmm, you could probably run HL2 still, the Source engine is phenominally optimized. It looks nice even on crap systems.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Deus Ex is at least 5 years old, should be able to run on most low spec systems.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
Hmm, you could probably run HL2 still, the Source engine is phenominally optimized. It looks nice even on crap systems.

Cool! Thanks for telling me that Da_Bang. You've given me the strength to continue living!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps