Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Good Games for the PC (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Good Games for the PC
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well since I probably won't be buying Star Trek: Legacy (at least not right away), I need some other alternative. So anyone have any suggestions?
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's the "Sneak King" for only $3.99...have it YOUR way...

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's asking for PC games.

If you plan to upgrade to Vista, there are a few games being released next year that I have good feelings about.

The PC Version of Halo 2. Probably being released near the end of January is a Vista Launch title.

Crysis, from the makers of FarCry. Supposed to be graphically orgasmic.

If you have an interest in older games, might I suggest Duke Nukem 3D, Colonization, Civ II, and X-COM.

Also, Thief: Deadly Shadows, if you like beating people over the head with a blackjack then tossing their bodies out of the second story window.

MS CFS3 if you like realistic flight sims.

The Sims 2 and all the expansions. They really add a lot to the experience.

KoTOR 1 and 2, and Empire at War if your a star wars fan.

Sid Meier's Pirates: Live the Life, if you feel like sailing the high seas.

And that's about all I can think of right now.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GTA all the way! whooo!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I got the Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories game for the PSP and it was great. I'm getting Vice City Stories but who knows I might the ones for the computer.
Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GTA:VC was pretty good on the PC. San Andreas, wasn't so good. It looked like a direct port from the Xbox, with the weird controls and everything. It didn't translate too well with a mouse and keyboard. Plus the fact that the game freezed on the mission "Burning Desire" which was about the 20th mission and less than 10% of the total game. That kind of pissed me off.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

There's a version 2.0 that I guess fixes this problem. Maybe if you contact Rockstar they may exchange your version.
Da_bang80
Member # 528

The DVD edition, the one I had, was version 2.0. The only thing it did was permanently disable the hot coffee mod. (The one where you get to watch CJ and the girlfriend getting thier freak on.)

Doesn't matter now, I took it back and exchanged it. I finished the game on Xbox though. It seemed that the hardest mission were the driving school ones. Especially the motorcycle school. Trying to do a perfect jump into a stoppie is really tough.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Yeah I played with my cousins' copy for the PS2 and many missions were frustrating mainly due to the game controls.
Da_bang80
Member # 528

Mouse and Keyboard will always be better for gaming than a console controller. It's more precise. I never liked the playstation controller. It just looks cheaply made, and not all that comfortable. The controller for the xbox was much better. It was more ergonomic. Although, no matter how well a controller is designed, there are just some games that do not work that well with consoles. RTS games for instance.

"Oops I pressed the wrong button and self-destructed all my units!"

Or the Sims2 for Xbox. That was just a headache wrapped in a box and sold for $29.99.

--------------------

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never done well with consoles either.

My favorite PC game is Guild Wars, hands down. Haven't actually been able to *play* in ages, but it's still my favorite.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently playing Medieval II:Total War. For those not familiar with the series, its essentially a simplified Civ-game, but where you get to control all the battles....with the corresponding long and additive play-time [Smile]

GTA:SA, while the new vehicles were fun. The 80s just paled in comparison with the 70s VC. Crappier music, gangs instead of the Mafia, boo I say. Also the map while much bigger had a much lower "stuff" density, making it seem a little less worthwhile.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

Umm.

GTA III was set in the 70's. Tommy Vercetti was sent to jail for 13 years. But he got an additional 2 because he's one badass motherfucker. GTA:VC was set in the mid 80's. GTA: SA was set in the early 90's.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Timeline of GTA courtesy of wikipedia:

1961 - Grand Theft Auto: London, 1961
1969 - Grand Theft Auto: London, 1969
1984 - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
1986 - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
1992 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
1997/1998 - Grand Theft Auto
1998 - Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
2000/2001 - Grand Theft Auto Advance
2001 - Grand Theft Auto III
Near future/2013 - Grand Theft Auto 2
Unknown - Grand Theft Auto IV

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For PC? Clive Barker's Undying.

Now someone needs to update it for today's graphics.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps